Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

For U.S. Gun Enthusiasts

laser83 said:
California law is already extremely unfriendly to gun owners. "licensing" part is concerning but that whole bill was mess to read (terrible format).  I'm glad I already have my firearms and don't have to worry about future purchases so much. [highlight]Of course I'd happen to "accidentally lose" my guns if the government ever made extreme changes to the law and wanted mine. Return my .45 colt? Sorry, I lost it... [/highlight]

I remember seeing some text in this new legislation that deals out some pretty hefty penalties for irresponsible loss/theft of firearms and for being unable to account for your registered firearms.. unless of course, yours aren't registered.... :-/

AceGWC

Something I just don´t understand:

Why do you Americans need guns? To protect youself from other Americans also owning guns, who own them to protect themselves from other Americans owning guns, who own them to protect themselves from other Americans owning guns, who own them to protect themselves from other Americans owning guns, who own them to protect themselves from other Americans owning guns, who own them to protect themselves from other Americans owning guns, who own them to protect themselves from other Americans owning guns, who own them to protect themselves from other Americans owning guns, who own them to protect themselves from other Americans owning guns, who own them to protect themselves from other Americans owning guns, who own them to protect themselves from other Americans owning guns, who own them to protect themselves from other Americans owning guns, who own them to protect themselves from other Americans owning guns, who own them to protect themselves from other Americans owning guns, who own them to protect themselves from other Americans owning guns, who own them to protect themselves from other Americans owning guns, who own them to protect themselves from other Americans owning guns, who own them to protect themselves from other Americans owning guns, who own them to protect themselves from other Americans owning guns, who own them to protect themselves from other Americans owning guns, who own them to protect themselves from other Americans owning guns, who own them to protect themselves from other Americans owning guns, who own them to protect themselves from other Americans owning guns, who own them to protect themselves from other Americans owning guns[...], who own them to protect themselves from other Americans owning guns?

Is that the reason?

Somehow this reminds me of a dog hunting his tail...

AceGWC said:

Why do you Americans need guns? To protect youself from other Americans also owning guns, who own them to protect themselves from other Americans owning guns, who own them to protect themselves from other Americans owning guns, who own them to protect themselves from other Americans owning guns, who own them to protect themselves from other Americans owning guns, who own them to protect themselves from other Americans owning guns, who own them to protect themselves from other Americans owning guns, who own them to protect themselves from other Americans owning guns, who own them to protect themselves from other Americans owning guns, who own them to protect themselves from other Americans owning guns, who own them to protect themselves from other Americans owning guns, who own them to protect themselves from other Americans owning guns, who own them to protect themselves from other Americans owning guns, who own them to protect themselves from other Americans owning guns, who own them to protect themselves from other Americans owning guns, who own them to protect themselves from other Americans owning guns, who own them to protect themselves from other Americans owning guns, who own them to protect themselves from other Americans owning guns, who own them to protect themselves from other Americans owning guns, who own them to protect themselves from other Americans owning guns, who own them to protect themselves from other Americans owning guns, who own them to protect themselves from other Americans owning guns, who own them to protect themselves from other Americans owning guns, who own them to protect themselves from other Americans owning guns[...], who own them to protect themselves from other Americans owning guns?

Is that the reason?

So you're saying that anywhere guns are banned criminals run around threatening people with pointy sticks? It just doesn't happen unfortunately and banning guns only prevents people from defending themselves.

daguin

AceGWC said:

Why do you Americans need guns? To protect youself from other Americans also owning guns,  . . . . .

Is that the reason?

It is the very same reason that we need;
free speech and assembly,
to be free from being forced to house soldiers,
protection from unreasonable search and seizure,
due process or self incrimination,
trial by jury,
access to civil courts,
excess bail or cruel or unusual punishment,
any other right that the people decide is required,
and the right to retain all rights not specifically given to the government by the constitution.

You may trust your government.  However, history tell us that EVERY government that has been conceived has either failed to protect its people or become a threat to those people eventually.  Why in the world would you believe that your government will be different than EVERY other government throughout history?

The founding fathers of the US were great historians.  They set up the bill of rights specifically to protect the people from either the failure of their government or the threat of a government run amok. An armed citizenry is a free citizenry. An armed citizenry is also able to protect itself from without.

Peace,
dave

Just remember, I don't "need" my guns anymore than you need an evil kitten-blinding laser. I also don't need to justify my ownership of said guns. That's the nature of a right.

I often wonder what kind of uproar we'd have if there were a free speech tax, voting tax, reading tax, religion tax. . . Not to mention accompanying registration. Oh yeah, failure to comply carries a $250,000 fine and ten years at Club Fed.

And daguin. . . May I respectfully submit that if it's time to bury them, it's time to dig them up? YMMV, of course.

AceGWC said:

Why do you Americans need guns? To protect youself from other Americans also owning guns,
Is that the reason?... ad nauseum

Clearly you are not from the US. You must be from some Utopian society where there are no crazy people.. I assume that your country must have no murders, muggings, robberies, rapes, or other crime.. Please tell us all where you live so that we can all move there as well.

We Americans need the right to have guns so that we have the option of protecting ourselves from any physical harm or threatening action brought on by any other human being or animal, whether they have a gun themselves or not.. Of course, where you live there must be practically no crime and law enforcement must be comparable to the entire DC Comics superhero lineup..

I can tell you this: If anyone ever were to come into my home with the intention of harming my family, my property, or myself, then unlike in your country I've got .44 reasons why they shouldn't, and .44 ways to stop them. In reality, it's all about peace of mind. People will spend heavily and fight dearly for peace of mind.

Then you've got the fact that an armed populace ensures that a country remains free, and deters foreign invasion, as Daguin just said.

I'd love one.. only one question, tho.. Do I have to bolt it to my truck bed to fire it? 'Cause you know that sucker's got a kick to it.

daguin

ElektroFreak said:
I'd love one.. only one question, tho.. Do I have to bolt it to my truck bed to fire it? 'Cause you know that sucker's got a kick to it.

The recoil is actually very manageable. First the darned thing weighs in at over 13 pounds. Then it has anti-recoil porting in the muzzle. It sounds very doable to me.

Peace,
dave

DTMF

if you scroll down to the pic of the guy firing it . the kick don't look that bad . his face is priceless . i kinda made the same face when i shot my 1858 new army remington with some very"hot load's " of 777 KA-BOOM :eek:

daguin

DTMF said:
if you scroll down to the pic of the guy firing it . the kick don't look that bad .  [highlight]his face is priceless [/highlight]. i kinda made the same face when i shot my 1858 new army remington  with some very"hot load's "  of 777  KA-BOOM  :eek:

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
"please don't let it hurt me -- please don't let it hurt me -- please don't let it hurt me -- please don't let it hurt me -- please don't let it hurt me -- please don't let it hurt me"

Peace,
dave

daguin said:

Is that a rifle or a handgun?  :-? At what point is a firearm officially labeled rifle or handgun?

Anyway that's a little toy gun for the kids. This is a MAN'S gun: 4-bore The .60 cal handgun is cute but for me it's either a 1 inch or nothing.  :cool:
The 4-bore double rifle was the most powerful rifle ever made to my knowledge.

That 600 NE revolver is about double my Smith 460 Mag. I don't see how that much powder can burn completely in a 13" barrel.
I always told people that if you needed more power than a 44 Mag --- get a rifle ;D Now I have that 460 Mag -- Fun to shoot :D

Mike

JLSE

Im in Canada, and have many air guns :-[

But they have lasers on them ;D

TRAGIC BOATING ACCIDENT SIR

gun registry is simply a prelude to confiscation

gun_control_works2.jpg