Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Flash on Iphone/Ipad/Itouch???

Do you think that Apple is making a big mistake? (Read the article)

• Yes

Votes: 12 75.0%
  • No

Votes: 4 25.0%

• Total voters
LOL...I think not. Read this...I found it rather interesting.
BBC News - Adobe abandons iPhone code tools

In this article Apple described Adobe Flash as "closed and proprietary"....and yes...they where saying it as if it is a bad thing...LOL Makes me wonder if they have ever looked at themselves...Apple is one of the most closed and proprietary companies in the world. LOL

Apple never stops to amaze me. Adobe says that they are going to take their flash technology to Apples bigest competitor.....GOOGLE ANDROID....I say good for them. :)

I know that this post is completely one sided against Apple...and the truth is, well...Apple has it coming.

Apple Lovers are now going to try to bash me.....It's ok...I can take it. LOL :)

Apple pisses me off because of crap like this. They wonder why windows sells better, its because its more compatible! Stop being nazis and open up development for the iphone, your only crippling your won product by being so damn tight...

Its sad, they finally make something decent and they cripple it with all the red tape bullcrap.

Ears and Eggs

Staff member
LPF Site Supporter
I'm pretty much going to be switching to a Nexus One as soon as I can. Currently I am on the iPhone 3G and am not too happy. It lacks too many of the simple features for me to consider this a really great phone and having to use crapTunes is the nail in the coffin. I simply cannot stand that program, it complicates things, it's laggy and it just plains sucks. lol I likely won't be buying any more Apple products either. I have used Macs and they don't seem terrible, but the lack of compatibly with a lot of the programs I have bought and use daily prevents me from even considering switching away from Windows.

Apple driving Adobe into Android's arms?
In an April 9 blog post, Lee Brimelow, a platform evangelist at Adobe focusing on the Flash, Flex and AIR development communities, responsed to the now infamous clause in the Apple iPhone developer program license known as Clause 3.3.1, Brimelow said:

"Speaking purely for myself, I would look to make it clear what is going through my mind at the moment. Go screw yourself Apple."
Doesn't sound like much love loss there. :D

While I wish android was still in the main line kernel its still the best atm. Android & Linux Kernel on Talking Terms Again
Now if only all android phones had root access. Nexus One is great. Gotta have my root. CyanoGenMod You paid enough for Your phone & service, you should have root control. Unless you don't mind your service provider or manufacturer *cough*smApple*cough* owning your phone instead.

Last edited:
I have got to be honest here....I am shocked that an apple lover hasn't said anything yet in this thread. I know that there are several of you on this forum. :) (Nothing wrong with Loving Apple) :)

I am not trying to flame bait...I just want to know what an actual Apple fan has to say about this. Does it change your perspective of Apple any? I just want to see a non-apple hater's view point is...that's all.

Apple pisses me off because of crap like this. They wonder why windows sells better, its because its more compatible! Stop being nazis and open up development for the iphone, your only crippling your won product by being so damn tight...

Its sad, they finally make something decent and they cripple it with all the red tape bullcrap.

couldnt agree more with you : )

also for any body that uses an i pod you dont have to use i tunes you can simply use media monkey its an awesome program : ) i use it for my cowon s9 : )

Daisy

R4 i Ultra SDHC Revolution for DS/DSL/DSi, support SDHC memory card(compatibility up to 32GB). The second generation pattern, enhance the stability of the product.

·R4 i gold upgrade revolution for DS/DSL/DSi
R4 i gold upgrade revolution for DS/DSL/DSi with Mario Patten. R4 i gold card is able to memorize and restore to the previously selected game or application after restarting machine and soft reset. Sleep mode function, for power saving and longer standby time.

R4 i red win customers all over the world with lowest price and good quality.

·R4I Red
R4I red is with dimension of 17mm * 14mm * 3mm, and 0.06kg, can be supplied with best quality and lowest price,oem is warmly welcome and with one year warranty.

·R4 i with red packing
R4 i SDHC Upgrade V1.4, able to memorize and restore to the previously selected game or application after restarting machine and soft reset. Able to recognize and display SD card type, volume and type of formating.

Last edited by a moderator:
Spam bot. Who brought Dave's CO2? I'd like to borrow it for a sec.

"daisy daisy give me your answer true. I'm half crazy..." Keep singing Hal.

Last edited:
I personally think (as an Apple customer) that flash is not necessary. I actually think its quite horrible, considering its coding complexity, and the amount of RAM it sucks up, I'm not surprised Apple made this move, especially since they plan to embrace HTML5. That's where the magic is going to happen. :D

Asherz

Not an Apple lover by any stretch, I use windows/Apple and own an iPod touch 1st gen, there iPods are good products and there OS is nice (computers are overpriced)...

And too be honest the fact that flash isn't on the iPhone or iPod touch isn't an issue at all, I don't miss it one bit.

As meatball says in a politer way flash has to make room for HTML5 which is about to come along and make it obsolete :wave: Kind of like HD DVD and Blu-ray.

@Meatball

Thanks for stepping up to the plate as a Apple customer. :)

HTML5....I will have to do some research into this tonight. I have heard of it, but I really don't know much about it.

Back when I used to have an Iphone 3g....not having flash was actually a big deal to me. There where several web sites that I couldn't go to due to not being able to decode flash.

I think Apples bigest drawback on rejecting flash is on their newest product...Ipad. They advertise it as a tablet computer that has better web surfing capabilites than anything else ever made in the galaxy....but yet it can't run flash.

Last edited:
It's basically great news if you're a coder, and it's going to be faster for users. One of it's main aims is to downsize on the need for plug-ins like Flash, and some Java. It will let you run anything right from the browser. I-pad is embracing HTML5, and I suspect that Windows will benefit greatly from it as well.

Now I'm not all for Ipad. It's a sleek, snappy product. And I still think Apple makes the touch displays with the best response times, and that the Ipad will be great for some deep pocketed people, but for me.

I'm waiting another month or two for Adam to be released:

Notion Ink - Adam - Overview

I'm betting that it will run either Flash or HTML5 if needed.

Last edited:
While I wish android was still in the main line kernel its still the best atm. Android & Linux Kernel on Talking Terms Again
Now if only all android phones had root access. Nexus One is great. Gotta have my root. CyanoGenMod You paid enough for Your phone & service, you should have root control. Unless you don't mind your service provider or manufacturer *cough*smApple*cough* owning your phone instead.

You NEED to look into a Palm Pre. Root access is enabled right from the factory. You literally just type one code into the phone, install Palm's SDK onto your computer and plug the phone in, and you have root access. Couldn't be easier, and more than just tacitly approved by Palm.

While it's not technically totally open source, it's running linux and is really the most open platform (in practice, if not in words) available right now. Palm has been very supportive of the hacking/homebrew community, giving them real support even if the OS hasn't technically been open sourced by Palm's lawyers and such.

HTML5 pie-in-the-sky or no; the fact of the matter is, a lot of the Web uses Flash, and none of it uses HTML5, at this point in time.

So the "HTML5, someday" argument doesn't really hold much water as far as *now* goes, and *now* does matter. There have been plenty of "better" technologies in the past that never made any traction because they simply had no uptake.

Apple fans are going to repeat Apple's appropriate and official line on the matter, and that's fine. Doesn't make me angry or anything -- but somewhere even they know that the reason Apple is doing this is to avoid non app-store apps (via web) on the iPhone and certain free services on the iPhone, as it competes with their own model. (If you had Hulu or Netflix on your iPhone, why would you download video from the itunes store? in reality, though, many still would; and those who wouldn't would simply access the content at home...)

While that does make certain sense from a business standpoint, it really doesn't serve any purpose except to drive potential adopters away from the iPhone (which are customers they do not have) and polarize and galvanize existing stalwart Apple users (which are customers they already had).

That said, my primary phone is an iPhone, and I'm typing this on a Macbook Pro. I will most likely get an iPhone 4g when it comes out. Factually, I'm an Apple customer and a Mac user.

But I think that if Apple believes that they'll remain the permanent Kaiser of smartphones with this sort of policy, they may be in for a rude awakening. Android and phones that support it (such as the moto droid and some newer things coming down the line) are no slouch, and are not, in my opinion, "getting it wrong" - or nearly as wrong as some iPhone fanatics would have you think.

Asherz

While I agree with some of the game accessing features, I also think that Apple have a problem with Adobe and just want too see them be eradicated from the interwebz :(

Apple like to be the first at things, I guess backing HTML5 is just something they've chosen to do that pays off as a business perspective and also in preparing for the future formats, although I see no reason why they can't use flash for the time being.

Would be interesting to see whether they do actually choose to support HTML5, if they don't then the issue is that people would have assess to the places you mentioned above, as it would replace the current flash sites. If they do support it then I'm going along with Apple just having an issue with Adobe.