Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Flaminpyro ''Jeff'' M.I.A. ???

Status
Not open for further replies.
Any similarities here?:whistle:

Private Parts (1997) - Memorable quotes
Researcher: The average radio listener listens for eighteen minutes. The average Howard Stern fan listens for - are you ready for this? - an hour and twenty minutes.

Pig Vomit: How can that be?

Researcher: Answer most commonly given? "I want to see what he'll say next."

Pig Vomit: Okay, fine. But what about the people who hate Stern?

Researcher: Good point. The average Stern hater listens for two and a half hours a day.

Pig Vomit: But... if they hate him, why do they listen?

Researcher: Most common answer? "I want to see what he'll say next."

Last edited:

Ah... Yes. The " ignore " feature. TJ, You hit the nail on the head. I did recently take you off my ingnore list. Let me fix that.
Thanks!

Not to touch on a sore subject, but has anyone considered that drama sells? Publicity is what it is, and once upon a time I was told that there's no such thing as bad publicity. And since I was told that I've discovered that it's true.

This is not to advocate for more drama, less drama is always better, but I guarantee that drama gets mouse clicks. Always has and always will. These days mouse clicks = cash.

Comparing LPF to PL is comparing apples to oranges. Many people here act as if PL is some sort of "grown up" version of LPF, but it's not. There are more than enough shit disturbers over there. There is also a STRONG contingent of US based "laser show professionals" who feel that their "experience" entitles them to dictate what is and is not acceptable to discuss there. Because the admin ALWAYS sides with them and often bans anyone who speaks their mind openly and deletes their posts it severely takes away from PL as a resource. Open discussion is not a bad thing, even when discussion is of finer points that may or may not meet US legal show regulations or when the discussion is about the various DAC and projector manufacturers and their products. One of the strengths of a technical forum is that many people offer many points of view, which helps others keep an open mind. Because of the clear-cut position of it's administrator in favor of certain specific US members, PL is vehemently ANTI-open-mindedness.

PL is a global forum, not just US members are there, but yet these US members are allowed to hold ALL discussion up to US regulation standards even though those standards are NOT global. Many countries have different laws and many international laser professionals feel differently (based on their own experience) than US laser professionals. But when those alternative viewpoints come out on PL, they are always pounced upon by the US membership and derided, belittled and even deleted on occasion.

PL ain't where the grass is greener, even though it may look that way sometimes.

Varsis

this is a welcome back jeff thread. that has gotten so derailed it isn't even funny. and yet the mods still haven't locked it. odd. I wonder why.

Lol.. people gotta have a place to vent. Seems that pyro isn't back after all unfortunately. Definitely not the best outcome given the amount that he had done for the forum.

Also, it seems to me that any post concerning drama is directly on topic since it was drama that caused Pyro's departure.

daguin

this is a welcome back jeff thread. that has gotten so derailed it isn't even funny. and yet the mods still haven't locked it. odd. I wonder why.

Where/How do you see this as a "Welcome back Jeff" thread?
Based on the OP, I would say that anyone saying "Welcome back" would be off topic ;)

Not locking the thread is not "funny" or "odd" it is the norm

As long as there is no fighting and/or no one complains much,
"off topic" posts are generally tolerated and left intact in the forum

We have a pretty high tolerance for people getting "sidetracked"
as long as they are not trolling or spamming

Peace,
dave

Last edited:

I think you're biased towards everything that is going on here, because it seems you are not grasping what is going on around you. You are only seeing what you want to see, and not what is really happening.

At this point I'd remove myself from the current topic before you embarrass yourself any further. Or keep going, and dig your grave deeper.

Its up to you. :beer:

@ T-Warne.... There ya go. Was that so hard?

Last edited:
IE's problem is illustrated starting here (with additional link included)

http://laserpointerforums.com/f61/rant-71964-7.html#post1058991

Not trolling you here Dave, or trying to start a fight.

You were explaining things about me though, so I just wanted to correct what was hopefully a simple an oversight.
In the "Rant." thread, the conversation started in post #167, not post #172 which you linked to.

Since you take trolling of yourself so very seriously, If you feel I'm trolling you here,
please do let me know via PM before banning me again, so I can edit the trolling portion of my post that offends you.
I have no desire to offend and get banned again.

In that "Rant." thread it was your post, #167, in a comment to me, bennett326, and bloompyle, that started "our"
conversation.

I think this thread here also pertains:
jeff (flaminpyro) is back YAY!!!!

Since not everyone can access that portion of the forum, here are the posts, starting with post #167

daguin said:
Seems like a bromance is brewing

Peace,
dave

Here's the troll response that got me banned for six days, without warning;

InfinitusEquitas said:
Toughen up bro! :beer:

@Dave - There are definitely some people you took the broath with :na:

After that, another party joined in...

Tech_Junkie said:
**** you're wrong, period. If Dave was "covering" for me you think he would have banned me twice in the same month?

I already explained to why they dont ban my minor trolls. Did you forget already, or are not believing it?

You really have no idea what is going on, and you're making yourself look really dumb grinding on the same topic. If you dont like how things are here, then just leave. If you dont want to leave, then move on. Because you're getting nowhere with this delusional opinion you have. Its just not true.

And you were trolling. You've been trying to pick a fight with Dave for awhile.

InfinitusEquitas said:
How very mature of you... using the feminine version of my name. Are we seriously in kindergarten?

So (Tech_Junkie's actual name) lets see what we have here. We have you, a self professed troll. We have Dave, a mod who "isn't covering for you" right?

Except that he asks people to ignore you when you troll them.
Except that he tells people not to respond to you.
Except that he demands people place you on their ignore list, while not demanding the same of you.
Except that he deletes your crap posts to keep the peace.
Except that he locks threads to again "keep the peace".
Except that he only asks you not to troll.
Except that he doesn't do anything to control your behavior unless the other mods get involved.
Except that when the question of what to do comes up, he always goes for a short slap on the wrist "punishment".
Except that the number of bans (which you seem to rack up faster than anyone else on here) seems to mean nothing.
Except that the last time, I doubt he banned you. He doesn't have the ability to delete posts without leaving a message... Avery had to have gotten involved at some point.

Quite a few exceptions don't you think? Sort of like a parent making excuses for a brat of a child.

Why don't they "ban" your minor trolls? See the exceptions above.

Dave chooses to have double standards where you're concerned, that's his problem. So long as that's the case, and he doesn't even acknowledge it though, I'll point it out. Also his problem.

I have no stone to grind with you. You're a junkie. You can't help it. The problem where junkies are concerned is with the enablers.

Btw, I wasn't trolling him in this thread. I was in the other thread though, because he refuses to acknowledge the double standard.

The reason I've been so vocal about this issue lately is that you got a guy who actually thought of you as a friend at one point, to really become upset. Enough so that he left the forum altogether for a while.

The guy is worth ten of you to this community.

All the good you do, doesn't come close to the damage left in the wake.

But keep believing your delusions, that you help here. Like I said. You're not the problem, you're the symptom.

Then a six day ban...

BannedSmall.jpg

Edit: Getting back to the OP....

Jeff is not missing, although he is taking a trip right now (hopefully coming back with some interesting news for laser builders). Try reaching him via email, by phone, or on other forums he frequents. If you need his contact info, shoot me an email.

Last edited:
You just got back today, and you are already keeping the drama going with the rep you just gave Varsis, and this brick you just typed.

Cant you let it go? I gave you a +rep hoping we can all get passed it. Why cant you be the bigger man too? Its stupid internet drama. Dont you have other things in your life worth fighting for? Its a fraking forum man. This effort is doing nothing but turning people against each other. You're not hurting me. I dont care about myself, but the drama is hurting your friends too, along with others that are confused by the whole thing. Is it really that important to you that you would hurt your friends?

Please, can we all get past this? There is no point grinding away at it other than creating more hurt feelings for everyone involved, and the people who like Dave, me, and you.

Please let it go man.

Last edited:
You're posting the same exact message you sent me via PM? Lol.

Here's most of the reply I just sent you;

Varsis is thinking for himself. That deserved a plus rep IMO. You yourself are far from shy when it comes to using rep power, and were intimidating him somewhat.

What you're doing is a cheap shot, laying guilt at my feet for your actions.

Feel free to have the plus rep removed from my profile, I really don't care about all this nearly as much as you, and others seem to think. LPF is an interesting way to pass time and keep my brain occupied at work, but that's all.

For the sake of our common friends if we could be civil that would be great. I have no trouble being civil in the open forum. Doesn't mean we have to agree, let's just keep the kindergarten insults out of it.

If you can stop trolling, there isn't even anything to "let go" of.

Take care.

You just got back today, and you are already keeping the drama going with the rep you just gave Varsis, and this brick you just typed.

Cant you let it go? I gave you a +rep hoping we can all get passed it. Why cant you be the bigger man too? Its stupid internet drama. Dont you have other things in your life worth fighting for? Its a fraking forum man. This effort is doing nothing but turning people against each other. You're not hurting me. I dont care about myself, but the drama is hurting your friends too, along with others that are confused by the whole thing. Is it really that important to you that you hurt your friends?

Please, can we all get past this? There is no point grinding away at it other than creating more hurt feelings for everyone involved, and the people who like Dave, me, and you.

Please let it go man.

Sorry, I thought you were ignoring me, so I posted it in the thread hoping you would read it.

I dont care about who is right, or who is wrong. This shit is hurting way more people than are involved, and it has to stop. Your hated for me is blinding you from realizing what you are doing.

I offered the olive branch, can you be man enough to take it, and stop hurting your friends? You can type for a week straight and it wont change anything. So once again, can you please let it go?

Sorry for the double post, but I just realized you are quoting Vet section posts.

Are you really this far gone? Why would drag that to the table? There is a reason we have a separate forum, and you're causing even more drama by pulling Vet posts.

Please stop.

Last edited:
Generally it's a good idea to wait more than five minutes before deciding whether someone is ignoring you... especially on an online forum. I'm catching up, so responses are not my usual instant.

Vet's section has been quoted by other vets in the past. There is nothing secret in those posts. You'll note I even edited out your name. Posts were quoted so people could see for themselves, not take someone else's word an viewpoint on it.

I already answered your other question in the previous post...

For the sake of our common friends if we could be civil that would be great. I have no trouble being civil in the open forum. Doesn't mean we have to agree, let's just keep the kindergarten insults out of it.

If you can stop trolling, there isn't even anything to "let go" of.

At this point you're the one dragging it out. I just wanted everything to be out in the open. I'd like to be done with this thread too.

Last edited:
Civil is not +repping someone, within hours of being back from a ban, who said that it was funny that I was banned, in a thread that the whole drama show is revolving around. You're kidding...right?

I'm seriously done with the whole show. I've been trying to be civil to everyone involved, but obviously you love the drama show so much you dont care who you hurt. Good luck man.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.