Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

[FINISHED] 2nd Build Thread *pics*: ~1W @ 445nm in Flashlighthost

TimTom

Hey guys,

since one or two weeks I'm planning to build my next laser. I know that my last buildthread wasn't the best one so now I will try to do it better! :)

I think that will be done, because this week I'm at my father and he has a amazing camera - Nikon D5000. (Click on a picture to see it at fullsize, I decreased it in the thread because they was too big)

The build isn't finished yet but I will you show some pics. At first, there is my Host. It fits for two CR123A and has a perfect driverpill. Driver is already installed and set to 925mA:

After I bought and got that host, I realized, that I hasn't any type of Heatsink for it. And what to do if that is so? Right! Build a own. I did that, It isn't perfect but I hope it works. There some pics by the buildthread:

At first I put 8 1,5x20x12mm wisher's together and clamped they on a very big soldering iron. This was the Idea of my father. If the heatsink was hot enough we put solder on it and after that we waited to cooled it down. Look.

Before soldering:

After:

After it cooled down (Doesn't looks great but It works :wave:):

A 9th wisher put on it, because It looks ugly without it when I put in the Host.

There I have a pic for you of my M140 diode. As I already said, the diode will be running at 1.4A but with just 3.7-4.2V. Thould be okay? I hope so!

Until now I hope you like it. :) I will upload more pics in a few days, If my next parts are arrived.
BTW.: There are a album of all pics I made: Laserbuild Thread LPF TimTom - Imgur

See you and thank you for watching this thread!:)

Last edited:

sinner

Re: 2nd Build Thread *pics*: 1,5W @ 445nm in Flashlighthost

A for effort, subscribing.

Showing some initiative and thinking outside the box, well done! Pos Rep

LOL, my father has the same camera (D5000). I wish I buy my own, maybe D3100.

Last edited:

Nice review and way to go making your own heat sink :gj: +5

And man what a soldering iron the biggest I have seen anyway must be for sheet metal work.

TimTom

Oh sure, I thought the same :D A beast, very very old but it works :3

EDIT: My lens arrived. 405-500nm Lens, should give me 10% more optical power. Gallery on Imgur: Laserbuild Thread LPF TimTom (The Lens) - Imgur
EDIT2: Tomorrow should arrive my aixiz-module. Then I can start the final build! :D

Last edited:

TimTom

Today I got my batteries & my charger. If I'm lucky I should get my aixis module today, if not I should get them at mondey ._.

But I have new pics:

I had to give the driver new wires, because the old was too stuck and I was worried about the pins of my diode. So there a pic of the driver :)

Driver installed with my homemade heatsink:

I hope you like it!:)

Thank you for watching,

TimTom

IWIRE

That's cool ! Keep up the great work. I like your "if I can't find it, I'll build it" attitude. REP+1 :)

Heatsink looks pretty bad outside the host but once its in and there is a lens on it, it doesn't look bad at all. Redneck engineering right there, nice job :beer:

AMC7135 driver? I though those were only used for red diodes :thinking:

But what do i know...

TimTom

Would be bad and maybe true, because directly 4,2V goes to the diode and just filtered backwards by the driver :s

Should I change it?

Would be bad and maybe true, because directly 4,2V goes to the diode and just filtered backwards by the driver :s

Should I change it?

I don't know. The input voltage for the AC7135, if i recall, is around 3.2 - 5v. And i don't think you are going to use AMC7135 to boost one li-ion to 1400ma for a diode with 6v vf.

Check with some others. I would switch to a round-x-drive from lazeerer.

TimTom

Shit! ._.
I don't have money anymore to buy a driver or build it myself, else I wait some month's. :/

Why not just use two cells? Instead of an 18650, you could use two 18350's or two 16340's