Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Finally!!! Argon goodness!!

I have a multi-line argon on the way.....now I'm going to be waiting and hoping everytime I hear a delivery truck come up the road! But yeah, everyone should have an argon laser - multi-line or not.

diachi

Stop your making me jealous :p

I'll just need to wait my turn I guess .

Diachi

One of the weird things is that when the power was really low, I could only make out 5 different lasing lines. But now with the power cranked up I see 6 very strong, with maybe a 7th.

If you wanna come wire my house for 3-phase I'll put a bid on it
What time do you want me there? My house is wired for 3-phase, well my shop anyhow ;)
DH

Warning Gus ---

It looks like that power head in on blankets and "stuff". Do not allow air intakes to be blocked anywhere. They run HOT and need all the cooling you can give it.

Congrats -- Mike

Hemlock Mike said:
Warning Gus ---

It looks like that power head in on blankets and "stuff".  Do not allow air intakes to be blocked anywhere.  They run HOT and need all the cooling you can give it.

Congrats -- Mike

I know :cool:

That was just on my bed, fresh out of the packaging. Its on the hardwood floor now with no fans blocked... I need to build some sort of stand for it though. I looks so sad on the floor ;D

OMG want :p
If only a) i had money and b) that 15 watter could ship here under a grand... :p
I can get three phase for minimal cost - it's already connected to the school across teh road by the power poles by my house.
And my school and anywhere I'd do a show would have threephase... omg I want that sooo much!

More pics!!! Here are a few I just snapped. The unfortunate part, is that I dont think ANY camera can capture the sheer brilliance of this laser. My whole room is lit up in this crazy aqua color (and heat... and a loud fan... ;D) it really is gorgeous. At full power, it definitely tingles on my skin. The guy said he really didn't run it often at all, so I'm going to run it at full power for a few hours every night to get it back up to full power. Here are the pics!!!

DSC00905.jpg

DSC00907.jpg

DSC00908.jpg

Switch said:
WOW that looks awesome.Have you taken power readings yet? :p

I've tried... but its really hard with this laser. It moves SO much air around it that it is messing with the thermal head. I tried and the needle went up to 50mW, but then dropped way down below zero when i moved it away from the beam, so I'm guessing its probably around 80mW. Over the next few weeks I'm going to try adjusting the mirrors in the tube to see what kind of output I can get. ALso, I'm not sure if the tube is getting the full 10A as I have yet to measure. I dont know how high the adjustment knob allows the current to go. I'll figure everything out over the next few weeks, but right now I just like to look at it ;D I guess brand new the thing was supposed to do ~200mW at full power, so I'll see what kinda tinkering I can do to try to get it near that. BUT the tube has around 3000 hours on it, so I'm not expecting full out-of-the-box power.

Here's a mega matrix picture! My camera REALLY doesn't do it justice...

DSC00909.jpg

Switch

wow, all those shades of blue and green :p It's like getting several lasers into one.3 clearly distinct colors added to your "rainbow". :D

GooeyGus said:
I need to build some sort of stand for it though. I looks so sad on the floor ;D

Quit being lazy and put it in your pocket or on a chain around your neck like the rest of us