Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Feeler: Silicone Wire

Alright, so I have been talking to a Chinese based wire manufacturer about silicone wire and their price is pretty cheap.
Previously, I have ordered from a company based out of California, but their prices are about 5 times that of the Chinese based company.

The problem is, What the hell would I do with 60,000ft of wire?
Their MOQ is suppose to be 10,000 meters (of each color, so 60,000ft! lol) but I talked them into doing 10,000M total (red,black)
I got them to further agree to a 5000 meter total order. Giving us 7500ft of each color.

Here's the main information for this GB
There will be 2 options.
The smaller 26AWG costs more because it's being manufactured specifically for us. The 24AWG they carry as an in-stock item.

Item: 26AWG Silicone wire
Specs:
60 strands of 0.05 tinned copper
0.01" silicone insulator
OD 0.95mm

Item: 24AWG Silicone wire
Specs:
40 strands of 0.08 tinned copper
silicone insulator
OD 1.5mm

Price:
26AWG: $0.10/ft
24AWG: $0.04/ft
No minimum, but each order will be in multiples of 2 (1ft red, 1ft black)

I was quoted 18 days lead time for manufacturing from them, I doubt a smaller order would take longer.

Last edited:

They also have silicone wire they "stock" which is much cheaper.

Their "stocked" 26AWG wire only has 30 strands, and they only have blue.

They also have 24AWG which has 40 strands, 300 meter MOQ, and is about $0.04ft
I've played with 24AWG silicone wire before, and there is a HUGE difference between it and 26AWG though.

Got a reply back from the manufacturer.
So, the price will be $0.10/ft for the 26awg stuff we're use to, and 0.04/ft for the 24awg wire.

We don't have to account for the entire order, as I'll purchase the remaining quantity.

By adding on other peoples orders I can hit the qty/price point to resell at a competitive price.

So, VisibleGreen that'll get you 300-400ft.
Or over 800 ft of 24awg lol

screw it! im in for 40$ batch of 26 too! being a mechanic I can use this for lots of things!! what color options are still available?

Last edited:
Well, almost no interest :p

I'm having an "honest" talk with the California supplier about his prices.
I should get him to lower them to a reasonable price that lets me still compete with other places.

Assuming that's the case, I'll purchase it myself and it will show up on the store, no need for a GB.

Careful, if you don't take this thread down, someone will come in calling you a scammer and a liar :shh: (but don't worry, they will admit they are full of it and made accusations up when you call them out!)

Also, why not 20 or 22AWG instead? 24 is pretty close to 26, I would rather have an option for some considerably thicker wire. Also, MFW's wire will always trump chinese wire. The china stuffs individual wire count is always low and the insulation is always thick.

Careful, if you don't take this thread down, someone will come in calling you a scammer and a liar :shh: (but don't worry, they will admit they are full of it and made accusations up when you call them out!)

Also, why not 20 or 22AWG instead? 24 is pretty close to 26, I would rather have an option for some considerably thicker wire. Also, MFW's wire will always trump chinese wire. The china stuffs individual wire count is always low and the insulation is always thick.

Their "stock" stuff is low strand count with a thick insulator, but the quote is for custom made stuff to the same specs as MFW's which is why is costs so much more compared to their other stuff.

I have found that the chinese dont generally make cheap products. They make exactly what you tell them to make, and people tend to go with the cheaper options. In reality, Chinese products are the same items, made with the same materiels, on the same equipment for a fraction of the price.

I sent MFW the chinese invoice as a rebuttal to his offer. It's a low blow, but it may help him to see where i'm coming from, as he wouldn't even give me the same price he gave me before.

Edit: and that already happened the first time i did a silicone wire GB.....you can still find it here in the GB section.

Last edited:
So, VisibleGreen that'll get you 300-400ft.
Or over 800 ft of 24awg lol

Well at least I won't be able to say "I'm out of wire" :crackup:

Maybe I should do like 10-20 bucks of the 24 and 15 of the 26.

lol

Last edited:
I ended up coming to blows with the US manufacturer, who wanted to charge me more than he use to, and refused to even match the price of my last order.
He became angry and offended when I quoted the chinese manufacturer's price.

I told him i'd be willing to pay more to have it made in the US, but he refused to budge on that extra $0.01/ft from my last order. (which upped the price $150 for the order.)

So, long story short. We have 24AWG wire now made in China.
It doesn't have as many conductors (40, instead of 65)
but i haven't noticed much difference, and the silicone insulator feels exactly the same as the US stuff.
attachment.php

Attachments

• wire.jpg
    wire.jpg
    82.2 KB · Views: 151
Last edited:

Pman

I think the 40 count will be plenty flexible for our use.
Yes, it seems odd how different 24 and 26 AWG are. Fells like the 24 is more like 23 AWG.
Of course if anyone thinks they have to you can double up 26 AWG for an equivalent of 23 AWG if I remember correctly.

Ah, Dilip...what a guy. It was like pulling teeth trying to get responses from him. I'm sure 40 count will work fine.

inB4 jeff comes and accuses you (maybe me again too!) of being scammers. Lol

Edit: whoops im starting to sound like a broken record :shhh:

Last edited:
Ah, Dilip...what a guy. It was like pulling teeth trying to get responses from him. I'm sure 40 count will work fine.

inB4 jeff comes and accuses you (maybe me again too!) of being scammers. Lol

Edit: whoops im starting to sound like a broken record :shhh:

Yeah, and the amount i would of had to order, i never could of sold. What would i do with 15,000 feet of wire?

Open up a shop selling silicone wire. Maybe you could have called it microflexwire.

Wait.

:D seriously though, 15,000 feet? Yeesh. Sounds like poor business to me.

Hmm, this sounds pretty good. I always like having tons of wire around. So the 24AWG is still quite flexible? At 4 cents a foot for 24AWG I'd probably be down for 500ft each of black and red (1000ft total) for $40.