Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Feeler: Silicone Wire

hmm i may need to be put down for 100ft of each, got to start somewhere and my current wire is crap.

At 4 cents a foot for 24AWG I'd be up for 500ft each of black and red (1000ft total) for $40.

Last edited:

Benm

It's pretty good stuff - i got some of it in a group buy on lpf quite some time ago, and that also came in multiple colors (red/black/white/green/blue maybe something else). I'm not sure if it was 20 or 24 AWG though.

I've found it particularly useful for connections where the wires get twisted around quite a lot, like thightening a flashlight hotsts head to its body or such. Ordinary braided wire often breaks after a few goes, whereas the silicone rubber insulation can stand quite a bit of abuse.

Pman

It's why Fluke and other good MTM manufacturers use silicone wire. It is very pliable even in very cold weather. Never had a single issue with any of my Fluke meters ( I was quite rough on them too) and I especially love the probes they make that have the twisting function to open and close a sleeve over the metal probe end so it's easier to not short things out or give you more probe end the other way. They may be expensive but if you worked with them everyday you would understand. Having good tools makes all the difference when you use them all the time. It's an investment that keeps on giving.