Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Feeler Extremely efficient boost circuits

Since the 803t doesnt use case ground you can use a host that uses ground.

Only diodes that use their case as ground CANT be used in a battery ground host unless its isolated.

This is taking me a bit because of school as for the boards and resistors the boards will take a week or 2 to come and the resistors will take about 5 days.

Oh and you can use a AAA battery but I would only use 100ma boards unless they are 1200ma nimh batts

toked323 said:
Since the 803t doesnt use case ground you can use a host that uses ground.

Only diodes that use their case as ground CANT be used in a battery ground host unless its isolated.

This is taking me a bit because of school as for the boards and resistors the boards will take a week or 2 to come and the resistors will take about 5 days.
Does that mean you can't use case ground as negative? For example, if i use an 803T, and i connect the + wire of the driver to the + side of the battery, and the - wire of the driver to the body of the host, would it work?

Spyderz20x6 said:
[quote author=toked323 link=1222224046/20#33 date=1223415482]Since the 803t doesnt use case ground you can use a host that uses ground.

Does that mean you can't use case ground as negative? For example, if i use an 803T, and i connect the + wire of the driver to the + side of the battery, and the - wire of the driver to the body of the host, would it work?

[/quote]

You can connect the negative wire
from the driver to the host then the ld
- wire from the driver. The LD itself cant
touch the host -, but its ok for 803's b/c
they arent case ground so just build it like a
normal red.

mmykle

Ok, I think I get why reds don't work now. It seems like their would be a way to wire this without isolating the diode though... wouldn't there?

mmykle said:
Ok, I think I get why reds don't work now. It seems like their would be a way to wire this without isolating the diode though... wouldn't there?

Well only for redsyou need to isolate or else full current from batts go to the diode

Would there be any advantages to running this driver at a higher voltage? I have some Lithium AAs at 3.7V (4.2 peak) and a single AA host. Or would it actually be unadvantageous, since Lithium AAs run at a lower mAh?

oh payment page will be up very soon i made it but i got locked out of the 1st one so i had to make another one.

Agreed. I'm interested in trying a few of these guys.

What's the expected turnaround time?

Edit: One of those "no" poll results should be a "yes". I'm a loose nut behind the keyboard.

Sorry all I have been extremely busy lately I have the payment page near done, I was confused when making it. I know you all have been expecting these and I will get this done.

thanks, Toked323

treb76

toked323 said:
You can connect the negative wire
from the driver to the host then the ld
- wire from the driver.  The LD itself cant
touch the host -, but its ok for 803's b/c
they arent case ground so just build it like a
normal red.

I'm kind of confused on this because several people on here recommend soldering the unused pin to the ground pin. Is it just the nature of this circuit that it doesn't work because I know the flexdrive has a wiring diagram that says to wire LD neg to driver neg and also connect the case pin to LD neg...