Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Feeler Extremely efficient boost circuits

Well as most of you know Woop,airy, and I were working on boost circuits http://www.laserpointerforums.com/forums/YaBB.pl?num=1212653254/20
These work from an input voltage of 0.3v meaning you can run a Blu-ray off
a single 1.5v battery. They give up to 500ma. The design used is the one that belongs
to woop. They will be preset and can only be used with phr-803t diodes because
you cant use these case ground(perfect for 803t diodes). If there is interest
then I will order parts to make them. pcbs would most likely be professionally made.
Maybe later I will get some adjustable made and can use common ground.

EDIT: Price would be about 20$+1.50$ shipping each

Attachments

• woop.png
    woop.png
    6.3 KB · Views: 111

Looks like a nice design guys, how much $$$ would they run about ? rob :cool:

I'd be interested a bit down the line. $$$ is a bit tight right now but I'd like to give them a try in a couple small builds I have in mind. rob :cool:

honestly i would probably stick with the flexdrive since it works great and i have no need to run at lower power.

plus the flex drive is 21

but who knows i may find a single battery host i want to use

rkcstr

Sounds cool...

I'm assuming these are the boost-only form?  I know there was talk of SEPIC, but doesn't look like this is that.

So, I'm assuming you'd be selling a few different standard current output options?

And, you said the boards are professionally made, but as Bionic-Badger asked, will they be machine assembled or are you handling that yourself?  Since it has the small pads, you have be be very careful of placement and amount of solder paste or the chip may not sit right or have poor connection, which may affect performance.

rkcstr said:
Sounds cool...

I'm assuming these are the boost-only form? I know there was talk of SEPIC, but doesn't look like this is that.

So, I'm assuming you'd be selling a few different standard current output options?

And, you said the boards are professionally made, but as Bionic-Badger asked, will they be machine assembled or are you handling that yourself? Since it has the small pads, you have be be very careful of placement and amount of solder paste or the chip may not sit right or have poor connection, which may affect performance.

Well I cant find any companies that machine place the components. If any one know of a place please let me know. Also If I do place the components I will test each board individually. Update on pricing with solder mask, 20$ each plus 1.50$ shipping. If you dont think solder mask is necessary then speak up it will help lower the cost a bit.

seems enough interest so next week Ill set up something because I have tests this week.

Oh as for output options how do 100ma , 130ma, 150ma, and 180ma sound?? it makes it simpler for me.

rkcstr

Solder mask will make your life MUCH easier... with those tiny pads, if you're going to solder reflow, you'll need a mask to prevent the chip from floating around.

Also, I'm using a company here in the states called Advanced Circuits (www.4pcb.com). They seems to have pretty good prices if you put your design in their program, and they also offer assembly, I believe. They sent me an email about it anyway, but I don't know how much it is.

If you do decide to use them, let me know so I can get a referral (and an Outback giftcard)! ;D

rkcstr said:
Solder mask will make your life MUCH easier... with those tiny pads, if you're going to solder reflow, you'll need a mask to prevent the chip from floating around.

Also, I'm using a company here in the states called Advanced Circuits (www.4pcb.com). They seems to have pretty good prices if you put your design in their program, and they also offer assembly, I believe. They sent me an email about it anyway, but I don't know how much it is.

If you do decide to use them, let me know so I can get a referral (and an Outback giftcard)! ;D

Will do thanks. Ive soldered these before no problem with/out soldermask.
Since most of my time is occupied at school these runs would be small (25-35 a round).
Since there isnt many components that need to be soldered ( total of 7 components)
I also have a rework station making things very easy. Now if I find a cheap place to assemble these then they will be assembled
by machine.