Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Feeler: Doing an organized groupbuy with DinoDirect - 300mW FireDragon 532nm

rhd

Considering they had the laser up for sale for $126 not so long ago, $149 does not seem like that great of a price.

Not to mention that they keep bumping the price on it.

The 500mW for $200-250 would be much more appealing.

I hear you - I bought mine at $126.

That said, it doesn't change the reality that their price has been ~$190 for this laser for the last ~4 months (I check it out every couple of days). And I'm fairly certain that $149 for a 300mW FireDragon style is a better deal than we can find anywhere right now. Of course, I'm frequently wrong about these things - the bargain hunting ability of this forum never ceased to amaze me! although we frequently this style of 532 in the BST section of this forum for over >$250.

But - this is of course a GB feeler. So what counts, is feedback from the forum, good or bad.

500mw sounds like a good deal for 200$ - 250$
can anyone verify the actual output of these lasers? are they up too/ close to spec?

That said, it doesn't change the reality that their price has been ~$190 for this laser for the last ~4 months (I check it out every couple of days).

Price aside I'm much more concerned with the post sale support in case there is a problem.

Do they consider horrible divergence to be an issue?

If the laser is DOA or near DOA/very under powered who covers the cost of shipping back and forth?

Edit: Basically points 3 and 4 of the OP. Dino really needs to address these.

Last edited:
I got a 350 unit which does about 450 to 550 with peak going over 590 which is a good thing!
Downside was as stated by DJNY the beam quality, it has a really fat beam, mine comes out slightly of centre which gives it artifacts around the dot

But for the price it aint to bad, im still looking for optics to get a better beam...with no succes as of yet....

500mw sounds like a good deal for 200$ - 250$
can anyone verify the actual output of these lasers? are they up too/ close to spec?
Josh-- I dont think that was a price quote- you may have misunderstood what he was saying-- IF Dino had a 500...
Price aside I'm much more concerned with the post sale support in case there is a problem.

Do they consider horrible divergence to be an issue?

If the laser is DOA or near DOA/very under powered who covers the cost of shipping back and forth?

Edit: Basically points 3 and 4 of the OP. Dino really needs to address these.
$149 is a great deal-- I would want one if:

I would hope Dino would offer support that would be on par with other good sellers.

And that they would also address the divergense. before shipping .

They need to send rdh a sample of same laser.

and BTW any estimate of GB shippng cost for 10 units- and who pays return shipping? send it cheap you may never see it again- go express and count on 30+$ to send one.

At least DinoD is trying. Does Dino say anything about duty/rest cycles and do they all come with eyeware?

Last edited:

rhd

In perhaps another 24 hours, I'll send a list of these questions back to dino.

However, some of these questions need to be framed more clearly/directly/specifically. Remember, english is our first language, and mandarin is theirs. To bridge the divide effectively, there is some onus on us to be as clear as possible.

I suspect that merely asking them to "address divergence" or asking whether they think "bad divergence is a problem", won't get anyone any closer to being on the same page.

rhd

Hint - Dino is a reseller. I wouldn't necessarily expect them to know what divergence is, the same way o-like or jetlasers might.

You are right.
They themselves can only do so much. I was just looking at the link page you provided when the page went white. Did you see there if they say it is IR filtered.. It looks like such a nice laser I cant imagine anyone not filtering it. From the pic it looks like the heatsink can be removed. Am I right? If the shipping is reasonable I want on your list please.

This elite 532nm green laser pointer kit also becomes the first choice for those daring spirits whose ceaseless exploration in the laser technology itself and boundless universe can never be underestimated

NEVER underestimate hak. I'm all about boundlessness

■You can use the handheld 300mW green laser pointer pen to point at any desired targets on projection screens, video monitors, and presentation graphics
■Visible green light beam in dark area
■The 532nm green laser pointer kit is great for pointing objects from long distance
■Ultra safe, low power design, perfect for everyday use

^^^ultra safe -?? thats sounds no fun..lol-- just another example of the language barrier. I wonder if this text was given to DinoD by the maker?

■Fixed focus length, sturdy and economical technology
■This 532nm green laser pointer kit is guaranteed to adopt latest microelectronics
■Green dot scope spot, continuous output
■Easily to use, only need to push the back button then you can see striking green beam of light shoot forth

"continuous output" IDK if that is referring to duty/rest cycle..still say they need to send rhd one to test.

btw
I def. like shooting forth-striking green beams!! ^^

Last edited:

rhd

My understanding (not from DD) is that these style greens all pretty much use the same module. It's a familiar module style, olike sells them. The whole module assembly is enclosed in a black plastic casing. The divergence probably won't be great. It isn't on the unit I have that uses this module style.

However, shipping is INCLUDED in that price ;)

I would hope Dino would offer support that would be on par with other god sellers.

Just don't drink the punch if they ask you to:na:

Btw, Dino does have a 500mW version...
Firedragon 500mW 532nm Flashlight Style Elite Green Laser Pointer Kit(Certified Power Guaranteed) - DinoDirect.com

IMO it would be a more interesting option to negotiate with them:p

My understanding (not from DD) is that these style greens all pretty much use the same module. It's a familiar module style, olike sells them. The whole module assembly is enclosed in a black plastic casing. The divergence probably won't be great. It isn't on the unit I have that uses this module style.

However, shipping is INCLUDED in that price ;)

The greatest concern to me comes down to what happens if a Laser arrives DOA, or near DOA, or beyond 10% underspec.

Side note... Is it just me or are the reviews starting to get crappier and more funny? Reviews of Firedragon 500mW 532nm Flashlight Style Elite Green Laser Pointer Kit(Certified Power Guaranteed) - Worldwide Free Shipping

Quote:
Originally Posted by hakzaw1
I would hope Dino would offer support that would be on par with other god sellers.
Just don't drink the punch if they ask you to

Oh My God! I made a typo-i had fixed it but the edit did not 'take'
Btw, Dino does have a 500mW version...
Firedragon 500mW 532nm Flashlight Style Elite Green Laser Pointer Kit(Certified Power Guaranteed) - DinoDirect.com

I KNEW they did but is it $200?????? I looked and no price was shown at the link you gave us. So are you saying IF DD had a 500mW at $200?? .... As that was my point--not that they did not offer a 500 "The 500mW for $200-250 would be much more appealing."

IMO it would be a more interesting option to negotiate with them

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhd
However, shipping is INCLUDED in that price
The greatest concern to me comes down to what happens if a Laser arrives DOA, or near DOA, or beyond 10% underspec.
Side note... Is it just me or are the reviews starting to get crappier and more funny? Reviews of Firedragon 500mW 532nm Flashlight Style Elite Green Laser Pointer Kit(Certified Power Guaranteed) - Worldwide Free Shipping

The reviews posts on that 500 look to be written by the same person as the others
the only review I read said....
"Cons:the price is insane too eXpensive"

"six times as powerful as a red laser" used in both the description and the only review.

But the 532 for $149 and free shipping looks pretty good. NO glasses but they do give you a 18650. I am still in for one.

Its the laser that counts-- not the reviews or the description IMO.

DJNY

The power of my DINO is right, have the 500mW version

Johnyz

I'm in for one of these green 300mW's. Seems like a pretty nice laser for the money. 1.5mrad is pretty good too, if it's true. I like how it looks like A FRICKIN LAZOR.

DJNY

I'm in for one of these green 300mW's. Seems like a pretty nice laser for the money. 1.5mrad is pretty good too, if it's true. I like how it looks like A FRICKIN LAZOR.

That´s the main problem with these :(

I was able to correct mine a bit, but still I´m not totally happy with the divergence/diameter. But maybe I just expected too much. The only high powered green I had before was a $1200 RPL-425 :D

If you´re interested in mine, you can have it for $300 before shipping including charger and battery. I can also post some more pics/vids.

Here is a beamshot, in the first pic there was a cam shake..
http://laserpointerforums.com/f48/tried-photograph-lunar-eclipse-64433.html#post924239