Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

[FEELER] CNI GLP <5mW 561nm & other wavelength's

Care to share?
Don´t know anyone owning a 561nm pen.

There is a company who seem too sell them: green yellow laser pointer at 561nm, green laser pointer pen
Diameter is 16.5mm there. The AAA "Rigel" / "GLP" have a 13.5mm diameter.

Was talking about those pens yes. I think I was mistaken with the PGL-III 561 owners since after thinking about it I have never heard of a 561 pen, I apologize.

I sent CNI an email asking which type of batteries these units take so to make sure.

-Alex

Ears and Eggs

Staff member
LPF Site Supporter
AFAIK 532 and 593.5 were the only visible wavelengths CNI has ever put into the AAA pen. All other CNI pens are the CR2 one. So I think all the lasers in this GB will be in the CR2 host.

Green yellow laser pointer at 561nm, Handy Lasers

^That site is just confusing, the top picture shows the 2XAAA pen, then the specs say 1XCR2 lol.

Last edited:
AFAIK 532 and 593.5 were the only visible wavelengths CNI has ever put into the AAA pen. All other CNI pens are the CR2 one. So I think all the lasers in this GB will be in the CR2 host.

Green yellow laser pointer at 561nm, Handy Lasers

^That site is just confusing, the top picture shows the 2XAAA pen, then the specs say 1XCR2 lol.

Exactly :D

It's Monday over in China so I should get a response in a couple of hours!

-Alex

Encap

The Handylaser web site show all of the wavelengths being considered here as either "Availability: in stock" or " Availablitity: 2-3 weeks"

Would guess "once in a lifetime" and "custom built" simply means: available, made when ordered, not in stock. The GLP models shown on the CNI web site show as the "in stock" wavelengths on the Handylaser site the others available in 2-3 weeks.

Re: AAA host models -- web site also shows in specs AAA host for 671nm not just for 532nm and 593.5nm
red laser pointer671, red pointer pen

Last edited:

Encap

Alright,

This GB is going pretty well but I am going to need someone else to take over the GB when it comes time to sending the money to CNI.

I contacted CNI knowing these would be purchased around Christmas and this is what I was told:
Dear Alex,
Thanks for your email, it is my great honor to provide you service.
Ok, i can keep this price.
But if you can confirm the order early, which will be ok for us, due to this laser pointer is difficult to produce, so we need more time to produce the laser.
Otherwise, we can not sure if we can ship them to you on time.
Hope to get good news from you.

Were going to need to set up a date when the money is due, most likely around Christmas(I won't have the money until then).

-Alex

Alex: Have you checked the prices of the GLP units from Handylaser?
If prices are close to the same as the price you got from CNI then you would have the GB money handling and ordering part resolved.

I know I said I was out of this GB, but if it's not happening 'til Christmas, that gives me plenty of time to decide, so I may jump back in for a 561.

Every time I use my 594 in the incense smoke I actually ask myself "do I really need a 589", so I'm still not 100% sure whether I'll get one of those either. I've been saving money like a trooper these days but can't bring myself to spend it. Maybe come Christmas I'll treat myself. Whatever decision I do make, I'll let those in charge know in due time and won't renege once I commit.

Alex: Have you checked the prices of the GLP units from Handylaser?
If prices are close to the same as the price you got from CNI then you would have the GB money handling and ordering part resolved.

I already asked HandyLaser about 1 year ago if they sold the GLP models and they told me they don't. The only lasers they sell are labbies :)

-Alex

Encap

I already asked HandyLaser about 1 year ago if they sold the GLP models and they told me they don't. The only lasers they sell are labbies :)

-Alex

I did see that their parent company Opto Engine LLC only shows only labbies.
Yet the 2014 Handy web site shows all of the GLPs and other handhelds.

Might be worth asking again but ask the responsible person at Opto who orders from CNI and/or runs the Handy Division if they would do an order, especially if it would be a multiple piece order that would be pre-paid for 5 mW or less legal to import and sell GLP units, not their standard stock item items.

Just a thought.

Last edited:
I did see that their parent company Opto Engine LLC only shows only labbies.
Yet the 2014 Handy web site shows all of the GLPs and other handhelds.

Might be worth asking again but ask the responsible person at Opto who orders from CNI andor runs the Handy Division if they would do an order, especially if it would be a multiple piece order that would be pre-paid for 5 mW or less legal to import and sell GLP units, not their standard stock item items.

Just a thought.

Wouldn't hurt to ask. I'll tell you what Handy Lasers & Opto LLC respond :)

-Alex

Encap

Wouldn't hurt to ask. I'll tell you what Handy Lasers & Opto LLC respond :)

-Alex

Thanks. Will be interesting to see if they get interested enough to do it.

The key would be to find someone who is responsible/interested in doing business generally not just a sales employee who doesn't want to be bothered with a special order from their supplier CNI for items that they don't usually trade in and are not familiar with---easier for them to say "no" to make the request go away than do any work.

For one of the owners or people responsible for profit and loss, however, should be interested as it would be a found order/money situation but you never know--could be other reasons it would be a no go, among them Opto/Handy wanting an unreasonably higher price.

Last edited: