- Aug 5, 2010
It's a foggy morning for the 561nm. Just took it with my phone though so of course after resize it's sideways. Hope you guys get yours soon.
*** Districts may detain without physical examination (DWPE) all shipments of the same product as was originally found violative such as laser pointers, laser gunsights, laser levels, laser pointer key chains, laser light show projectors, and similar products (covered laser products) from the manufacturers/shippers listed on the attachment to this alert.
In addition, covered laser products are subject to detention if, among other reasons, an examination shows they do not appear to comply with the appropriate standard as follows:
(1) The laser product does not have a permanently attached warning logotype label;
(2) The laser product output exceeds 5 milliwatts;
(3) The laser product fails to contain certification or identification information either on the product or in the instructions for use;
(4) The laser product fails to contain instructions for safe use;
(5) The product class or output information on the laser product's warning logotype label is different from that in the instructions for use; and/or
(6) A product report for the laser product has not been submitted. ***
Being 5mW or less in output power does not exempt CNI from properly labeling the lasers nor from providing anything else required for import of lasers to the USA>SHIT.
Just got a voicemail from FedEx...our lasers are under a "FDA hold". I will look into this after my classes are over today.
Edit: Tried calling and couldn't get a hold of the person who called me. I did find this though: Import Alert 95-04
It looks like shipments from CNI to the US are likely to get flagged.