Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

FEELER CNI 561nm 5mW pointers.

Sorry for the delay everybody...my life is utterly crazy ATM. The lady that called me about the FDA stuff hasn't replied to any of my voicemails, so I will have to call somebody else at FedEx tomorrow. That being said, I got a $70 bill in the mail on Friday from FedEx for import taxes. :( I'm sorry everybody for the delays, I expected this GB to go much smoother than it has. I figured that with the 5mW output we'd have no problems.

Don't stress styropyro, you're doing everything you can to get these beautiful lasers to their owners.

Just keep updating as things progress :)

-Alex

Just got off the phone with FedEx. They say that they have no control right now, and that we are simply waiting on the FDA to finishing reviewing the lasers. Who knows how long that will take. :( Also, the $70 bill I got is independent of the FDA's sillyness ATM, it is simply an import tax.

If anybody would like a refund, I will be happy to give it. That being said, I am confident that we will get these at some point! CNI is also talking to the FDA now I guess.

They are probably reviewing them and waiting for you to pay the tax on them. You have to pay the tariff for them to release them generally.

FedEx suggested otherwise but that is assuming they knew what they were talking about. :D Thank you for the advice...I will pay the bill and hope that the lasers appear on my doorstep.

BowtieGuy

LPF Site Supporter
Styro, keep track of all your extra taxs/fees that you end up paying; I'm pretty sure all us G.B. participants can help out with these costs. :)

Last edited:

gozert

Don't know how FedEx is in the US, but over here it's a shit company. They for some reason still do almost everything by hand rather than digital. I had to give them my address three times in order for them to finally get my package to me.

When the delivery guy arrived I saw him work off a paper list that was written down with a pen lol. No wonder they messed up my address three times in a row. Definitely no more FedEx for me.

My experiences have varied with import tariffs. my Aries, the bill arrived after I got the laser, a few of my other orders they came before, and I paid, then the laser came. seems to vary with the value, and courier and what mood the FDA guy at customs is in at any given day. if they get rejected, they obviously can't expect you to pay for something you didn't receive, but likely if they were going to be sent back, it would've probably been done by now, and they wouldn't have bothered to send you paperwork, other than a nasty letter politely but not so politely saying F* you.

Last edited:
^Yikes!

I remember now, whenever I ordered something from CNI I would get a letter from FedEx about some kind of amount due, like $30 or something after I've received my lasers.

Never sent them anything(thought it was just a receipt of paying for shipping), and they keep delivering my things :D

-Alex

^Yikes!

I remember now, whenever I ordered something from CNI I would get a letter from FedEx about some kind of amount due, like $30 or something after I've received my lasers.

Never sent them anything(thought it was just a receipt of paying for shipping), and they keep delivering my things :D

-Alex

They wont stop delivering if you owe. but I think it'll count against your credit and can probably get you into other trouble, possibly late fees, and who knows what else if you don't pay it. That's the government's money, and they won't be happy if they don't get it.

any more updates on shipping? i really hope you guys get your lasers soon.

Last edited:
Just got this email today... I guess this GB fell through :( I will send refunds soon...

Hello Drake,

I am sorry to tell you that the FDA do not allowed to return the 561nm laser pointer
to me. And do not let our company to export the laser pointer and portable laser to
America.
So I am very sorry for this thing, we must return the payment to you, please tell me
your bank information.
Look forward to your reply. Please contact me without any hesitation if you need any
help.

BowtieGuy

LPF Site Supporter
Damn, the FDA won't allow <5mW lasers into the U.S.; I wonder what their reasoning was, not that we'd ever find out anyway!

This is a major bummer! :mad:

Just got this email today... I guess this GB fell through :( I will send refunds soon...

Can you PM all the info on this? I'm going to contact the FDA, and I will not quit until I get a reason they will not allow them in. I beleive it is illegal for them to deny the import.

Reactions: GSS
Can you PM all the info on this? I'm going to contact the FDA, and I will not quit until I get a reason they will not allow them in. I beleive it is illegal for them to deny the import.

There could be a lot of reasons for it. If styro gives me the shipment number and paperwork he filled out I can call and persue this. But if even one laser can cross 5mW or has a wrong label, or is deemed unsafe in any way, they can deny them all on reasonable suspicion. Which is very possible.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 16589

So what will they do with them Send them back to CNI or destroy them.
Is CNI aware of the issue.