Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

[feeler] $7 tiny HeNe bare tube

OK..... How about some pics of what you received....
You've had everyone strung along for 6 days....
Show us the pics.....:wave:

Jerry

Last edited:

Mark me curious as well. What, pray tell, did you receive?

EDIT:Darn you guys type faster than me...

Last edited:
I'm interested in seeing what you got. If you don't mind sharing of course!
Are you kidding ?? He's got everyone waiting for HeNe tubes
for 6 days and can't show us what he's got.....

April fools day was 18 days ago......:crackup:

Jerry

Last edited:
i'm taking a picture as soon as i can but my camera is charging. i took a chance on scanners because they looked *ALMOST* identical to a scanner i had that had a HeNe in it. i got ahead of myself in posting so soon and for that i am sorry. i am just as disappointed as any of you, but keep in mind, i never said they were HeNes.

Last edited:
i'm taking a picture as soon as i can but my camera is charging. i took a chance on scanners because they looked identical to a scanner i had that had a HeNe in it. i got ahead of myself in posting so soon and for that i am sorry. i am just as disappointed as any of you, but keep in mind, i never said they were HeNes.

It's all good. You said up front you didn't know for sure if they were HeNe or not. So if they are diodes from scanners, I assume that makes them <5mw red ones then.

If they work and come with a power supply I would still be intested. I'm still new enough to still like the low power red stuff. :D

I'm not disappointed at all. You took a chance on some HeNe's and spent your own money doing it. I'm sure its not the 1st time someone got jumpy on a good deal. In my opinion it was still worth the wait even though the end result wasn't what it shoulda been. I personally appreciate your effort in sharing. Hopefully there will be some HeNe's next time :). Just think. Its not like your one of those company's who take your money... make you wait then send you garbage rofl.

Thanks again for plunging in on a potentially good deal!
Jeff

It is too bad that they were not HeNe's.....really the price sounded too good to be true anyways(but you never know).
I personally would like to thank you for putting it out there anyways, if it turned out to be true EVERYONE could have joined the gas laser club:beer:

Keep up the fight, perhaps sometime in the future one of us will find that source.

edit:I am looking forward to seeing what you DID end up getting, I guess that's how crap shoots go though

Last edited:
this is what i got:

top is the scanner i had that contained a HeNe
IMG_0948.jpg

IMG_0949.jpg

IMG_0951-1.jpg

IMG_0953.jpg

Last edited:

anselm

Sorry to hear that, but to be honest, it was too good to be true...

EDIT: wait a minute, nice "liquid sky" mirror!

Last edited:

anselm

Lol neither have I, and when I pull that mirror to put it on a motor I DO can spin,
I never get it aligned 100%, so I always get multiple weak lines instead of one strong....:rolleyes: