Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

ever eaten boiled peanuts?

i expect people from the south to have at least heard of them but the folks up north...well not so much. whats your thoughts on this salty, tasty little snack?

awesome ;D ;D ;D I like them a bit spicy and in huge amounts because I can't seem to get full on them even after a huge bag of them

its funny how many people ive met that say theyve never even heard of them. i think theyre great just being salty. i eat enough spicy foods already.... ::)

daguin

Most of the members here don't even know how to say boiled peanuts.

My parents are from Oklahoma. Half of my family is from Alabama. Hell, we've got two cities in Bama named after us.

I LOVE boiled peanuts. My wife won't make 'em and just try finding any here in Southern California.

It is a sad life j/k

Peace,
dave

I live in MN and want to make them. :cool: I've heard of them before this. (Good Eats, FTW)

I haven't tried boiled peanuts but I have tried boiled acorns.

I have and they taste like s*** IMO. The texture isn't very appealing either.

When I tried them they were like beans. In every way they looked felt and tasted like beans, I really dont like beans.

mikeeey said:
When I tried them they were like beans. In every way they looked felt and tasted like beans, I really dont like beans.
if they were cooked right they would have tasted like fairly salty beans. boiled peanuts take a lot of salt to cook. its kind of like a wet sunflower seed as far as the appeal i guess. the only reason i eat sunflower seeds is b/c theyre salty.

LRMNmeyer said:
I always though you boil them in the shell. :-/
you do boil then in the shell ;D I love them but I haven't had any in over a year... :'( I'm going to make some tomorrow ;D ;D ;D

diachi

drew said:
[quote author=mikeeey link=1225661272/0#9 date=1225687610]When I tried them they were like beans. In every way they looked felt and tasted like beans, I really dont like beans.
if they were cooked right they would have tasted like fairly salty beans. boiled peanuts take a lot of salt to cook. its kind of like a wet sunflower seed as far as the appeal i guess. the only reason i eat sunflower seeds is b/c theyre salty. [/quote]

Not tried boiled peanuts before... Sounds tasty :cool:

Not had sunflower seeds in years ! I like them :)

Snytbaggen said:
Live in Sweden and never heard of it before... Someone care to post a recipe? ;D
get peanuts...boil water....add salt...add peanuts...wait...remove peanuts....eat..