Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

ever eaten boiled peanuts?

diachi

maxkillz said:
[quote author=Snytbaggen link=1225661272/0#14 date=1225830236]Live in Sweden and never heard of it before... Someone care to post a recipe? ;D
get peanuts...boil water....add salt...add peanuts...wait...remove peanuts....eat..[/quote]

;D ;D ;D

mikeeey said:
When I tried them they were like beans. In every way they looked felt and tasted like beans, I really dont like beans.

Hey, what you dissin' on ma' beans for?

I love beans.

-Mark

Delicious. I love the south, and southern food. MMM-mmm.

There's a seafood place in downtown Charleston, SC called Hyman's (yeah, yeah, go ahead and chuckle) that at least used to bring all the good ol' boiled peanuts you wanted to the table as an appetizer when you sit down (like mexican places do with chips&salsa), and those things were GREAT. And then the seafood comes, and it just gets even better. Awesome, try it if you're ever there in Charleston.

Snytbaggen said:
Live in Sweden and never heard of it before... Someone care to post a recipe?  ;D
for 4-5lbs of peanuts you need about 1 cup of salt. boil for a few hours and theyre done. ::) i live in the peanut capital here in crappy old dothan. actually the national peanut festival just ended a few days ago....wasnt that good this year from what ive heard...

^Not really. You get plain-old, still in the shell peanuts. Nothing fancy or special, just raw peanuts still in their shells, like they were just picked.

I see. Then it might be a problem, since I've never seen "raw" peanuts here in Sweden. I have seen peanuts still in the shell, but they are always roasted :p

hmm gotta try this xP live in norway so not really the south!

but i like peanuts best raw and dry in the shell, and then just eat the whole thing peaut and shell at once <.< yes im weird but was bored of peeling the shell off.. so heck they taste better with the shell on still! <.<

lapompo said:
hmm gotta try this xP live in norway so not really the south!

but i like peanuts best raw and dry in the shell, and then just eat the whole thing peaut and shell at once <.< yes im weird but was bored of peeling the shell off.. so heck they taste better with the shell on still! <.<
That's how you get appendicitis ;)

Spyderz20x6 said:
Do you eat 'em in the shell?
wwhen you boil peanuts some of the smaller ones shell get really soft so you caan eat those after you boil them but most times you remove the shell. find some fresh green peanuts(pretty sure you can get some online) and boil them to try 'em. dont get the ones in the can b/c theyre nasty as heck.