Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Ended!

Re: Lots 'o diodes 520/450 GB

Well its not a total write off i take 2 lpc826 diodes thx ..I assume they can just be posted in a letter for a dollar or so for overseas members ?

Last edited:

They should be sent in a padded envelope. My mom used to work in the post office. The sorting
machines will rip open regular envelopes if there are any irregularities or hard edges like that. I suppose it
could be stuffed between a bunch of sheets of paper, but for the extra effort, you may as well just use a
padded envelope.

Yes I'll be shipping diodes in padded envelopes. I'll mark names down. They'll be shipped in esd packs

Last edited:

False advertising much?

It's china, since when have they been trustworthy.Not trying to be racist, but it's true...

Also, i may be in for some other diodes, will post later.

Last edited:

DTR

They should be sent in a padded envelope. My mom used to work in the post office. The sorting
machines will rip open regular envelopes if there are any irregularities or hard edges like that. I suppose it
could be stuffed between a bunch of sheets of paper, but for the extra effort, you may as well just use a
padded envelope.

Keep in mind it does not matter if it is padded or not it matters the type of service. Letter mail is sorted by machines that will destroy anything that is not flat and flexible even if it is in a bubble mailer and with no tracking you will probably never know what happened to it as they toss most damaged mail. Parcel mail is hand sorted and starts around $1.70 and has tracking. Insurance extra.:beer:

Thanks DTR! ill keep that in mind. we almost have a complete lot of ML101U29-25

Damn. They should be forced to ship the ones they sold at that price..

Last edited:

any more people wanting some of the other diodes? they are good diodes...

I WANT to buy the 450 and the 630, but any spare change right now is earmarked for an LPM and
LAZ-650-C. :cryyy:

oh come on splurge. you dont need both at once. just one will calm the addiction long enough :)

It's china, since when have they been trustworthy.Not trying to be racist, but it's true...

It's not a country-specific thing. Like all things, you get what you pay for, and you've gotta be smart with your purchase decisions. It doesn't matter if it comes from China, the US, Europe, or your local store. If you're going on AliExpress with the expectation that you're going to nail the cheapest deal, expect to have that compensated in some other way. If the deal is too good to be true, it probably is.

Furthermore, I wouldn't place blind trust that some shop outside of China, or in a specific region (like domestic stores) are any more trustworthy than those in China. Maybe they'll even charge you more because they're betting that you expect them to be better.

Last time I checked CNI and Jetlasers are very good.

It's not a country-specific thing.

I agree. Every time I've been scammed, it was by someone in the USA.

100pcs New import Hitachi HL63603TG 638nm 120mW Red Laser diode +free shipping-in Diodes from Electronic Components & Supplies on Aliexpress.com

Now that I can do. Trouble is are we going to get enough people for 100 diodes?