Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

[Ended]Buckyballs (Desk Magnet Toys) Sale

Re: Buckyballs (Desk Magnet Toys) Sale

Noooo! I only grabbed two sets. Then I went back for more and they were all gone! How many did you grab IE?

Uhm. Well. It was decidedly stupid. :tinfoil:

At first I just wanted to have a complete 3x3 cube, and a couple of spares.

After that I decided I want to have 5000 balls...

I'm going to regret this when I look at my account. At least I'll have lots of balls to play while I'm eating ramen noodles :p

I'm definitely gonna play with these for a bit, but fair chance once I get bored I'll sell a bunch of them.

Last edited:

Uhm. Well. It was decidedly stupid. :tinfoil:

At first I just wanted to have a complete 3x3 cube, and a couple of spares.

After that I decided I want to have 5000 balls...

I'm going to regret this when I look at my account. At least I'll have lots of balls to play while I'm eating ramen noodles :p

I'm definitely gonna play with these for a bit, but fair chance once I get bored I'll sell a bunch of them.

They all sold out. Can I buy 2 sets off you? That shouldn't take too many off your 5000

He should have bought 10000 bucky balls. So when people tell him he doesnt have the balls to do something he can say "Oh yeah? I have over 9000!... Bucky balls that is."

Last edited:

I'm very curious to see what a whole bunch of them together will be like. Obviously. That said, I probably wouldn't mind selling a few sets after.

They all sold out. Can I buy 2 sets off you? That shouldn't take too many off your 5000

Question... would you care if they were used once? Meaning if I open them up to see what 5000 balls looks like together?

Jesus ie. 5000!? :eek:.

I have poor impulse control.

And he has the balls to post this. He just forgot the :na: smiley

I also have about 40 big balls, and a pair of HUGE Balls :na: :p

He should have bought 10000 bucky balls. So when people tell him he doesnt have the balls to do something he can say "Oh yeah? I have over 9000!... Bucky balls that is."

Lol... I'm impulsive. Not that impulsive.

oh man, this aint even fair. :crackup:

WIN

:crackup:

Thanks.

I'm very curious to see what a whole bunch of them together will be like. Obviously. That said, I probably wouldn't mind selling a few sets after.

Question... would you care if they were used once? Meaning if I open them up to see what 5000 balls looks like together?

I don't mind. Just don't do anything nasty with them.

That's funny cuz when I try to buy one set the total with shipping is $45.90

Am I missing a step here or something, someone please help !

Damn too late again :eek:

Last edited:

I don't mind. Just don't do anything nasty with them.

Ehrm... what exactly do you think people do with these? I just want to swim naked in mine.

Nah, just kidding :na:

That's funny cuz when I try to buy one set the total with shipping is $45.90

Am I missing a step here or something, someone please help !

The sale ended unfortunately :(

I emailed support to see if they have more after Mashinist Joe asked. Here's the reply:

We are out of the 125's. Sorry.

The sale was only for the 125 sets, not the 216 sets either. With it though, it was a great price per ball. Now, at regular prices, extreme ripoff. You would be better off going on ebay.

At the price, and volume, I got them at $0.04238 per ball. A little less even, if they combine orders for me, and don't double charge me for shipping.

At regular price, they come out to be $0.18935 for the nickel plated, or $0.2125 for the colored ones.

I'm 99% sure I'll end up selling a bunch of these after very little use, I'll PM you after I get them.

I am soooo mad I didnt see this in time. I would really want to buy some off you too. I have a set of cubes i got at urban outfitters for $30 and all i use them for is spacers in builds every once in a while. Really big rip off at that price. I want some balls though!

I want some balls though!

That's what she said :na:

Nah, just kidding.

I have a feeling I will be selling off a bunch of these in short order.

Also I've been in touch with their customer service... I was on the email list and contact them the instant deal went live, and their website was screwed up. I'll see if I can get them to send me a few more sets at that price.

The cubes are interesting, I have 816 of them at the office, but, they are also much more frustrating.

At regular/retail prices, these things are a huge ripoff.

From retail perspective, I think it's likely that they were just trying to clear out the inventory of the 125 cube sets, and will not offer those anymore at all, only the 216 sets.

I'll keep you guys posted on whether I have any luck with customer service.