Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Enchanted Beams Thread

Last night I got chance go try out my RGB build on outdoor beamshots for a first time. :)

Night was really beautiful clear winter night. It was almost a full moon and it was very bright. Stars were glittering in deep blue sky while moon was lightning my path to pine tree forest near by. (Those are stunted pine trees and not much taller than a grown adult)

Unfortunately focus on these pictures ain't the best because It's quite difficult to use camera in -25°C when your fingers are totally numb and you try to use those little camera buttons :D

rgb-1120452.jpg

rgb-1120456.jpg

rgb-1120457.jpg

rgb-1120461.jpg

rgb-1120462.jpg

rgb-1120466.jpg

rgb-1120467.jpg

rgb-1120468.jpg

rgb-1120469.jpg

CurtisOliver

LPF Site Supporter
Wow, lovely shots ArcticDude. Weirdly I like the pink/magenta ones the most. Also nice capture of Orion and Taurus in the first pic. How did you do that at -25°C? My hands stop functioning at -5°C. :D Good job. :beer:

Radim

ArcticDude, awesome as always. I really love the tree composition. It just greatly underline the length of the beams. How far are the trees about beam "termination" (however we know beams does not terminate until they hit something)?
I still need to spread some reps. :D

ArcticDude, awesome as always. I really love the tree composition. It just greatly underline the length of the beams. How far are the trees about beam "termination" (however we know beams does not terminate until they hit something)?
I still need to spread some reps. :D

Those are arctic pines, aprox 180cm height about 10meters from camera..

Radim

Dang Arcticdude, I still can't get over how amazing of a build this is. You can change the color to pure yellow and purple. Would you ever consider building one for forum members?

Not only one, I guess. :D

CurtisOliver

LPF Site Supporter
Lovely images again ArcticDude. Love the colourful glow on the snow. :beer:

Wow, you followed this through to completion. Congratulations. Can you edit the photo's to show what combination of colors you used for some of those beam shots? Is the next to the last one all three together?

Wow, you followed this through to completion. Congratulations. Can you edit the photo's to show what combination of colors you used for some of those beam shots? Is the next to the last one all three together?

Sorry I didn't quite understand the question.... I used the RGB controller "Color Touch" mode to randomize color that I liked and then shoot the picture.
As I said earlier only minus of this build / mode is that you can't see the R/G/B values of current color. :)

Video Link >>

Last edited:
Thank you, snowing a lot in Anchorage lately too. My wife isn't happy with the amount of snow this winter.

I used the RGB controller "Color Touch" mode to randomize color that I liked and then shoot the picture.
As I said earlier only minus of this build / mode is that you can't see the R/G/B values of current color. :)

Beautiful shots Arctic and wonderful build mate, congratulations.
I haven't been around as I've been very busy so I've got a lot of catching up to do.
Love those beam shots in the snow, they look fantastic !

Hopefully I'll get some time to finish my build soon too, not as flash as yours, mine will only have the basic RGB sliders where you can dial up the colour that you want.

I'm considering building another one with your plans too but one step at a time.

Well done once again mate.

RB