Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Empty microwave question

^ Something radar engineers/technicians have to avoid. Imagine getting hit with a radars beam from a fairly close proximity.

I should have elaborated; nerves don't respond but certainly aren't impervious to RF. It'l roast you but you won't know it.

Quite correct, though you don't feel the effects immediately like you would 60-50Hz, you most certainly feel something (terrible) hours later.
Been there and done it myself. I got nailed by my large TC ( same one in my TC video I uploaded a while ago) and got wapped across the knuckles with a streamer at a little over 5KW of input power.

The DC from the top load hurt like hell... the real pain came later.

Last edited:

Fiddy

I pulled the inverter board from the a microwave in the local junk through out, i found some plans to run the inverter by itself, apparently they are good for high current high voltage.

WizardG

LPF Site Supporter
Beware those inverters from microwaves. High voltage at several amps can be found at the output of the transformer. Not fun if you should accidentally become part of the circuit.

WizardG

LPF Site Supporter
Just what a growing tesla coiler needs!

:eg: :D Yes indeed!

Just be aware of the hazards involved. That being said, yeah, one of these would be perfect for an end-fed resonator. And with a sustained output of 1 to 1.5 kW it would be a pretty spectacular coil.