Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Ehgemus does it again!!

Kevlar

For my first 445nm build I wanted a good custom host so I choose Ehgemus and he does not disappoint!!!

DSCN1686.jpg

DSCN1687.jpg

It has everything I asked for. The easy-focus adapter is set up so I can screw the aixiz lens nut right into it, no gluing the aixiz focus ring into it. The threads are smooth as can be and when its all screwed together you can't even see where the different parts fit together.

It's a direct-press with the diode for the best heatsinking. I don't even want to say direct-press into the heatsink because once this all aluminum host is a put together, the whole thing is a heatsink!!!

I didn't want to mess with adding a spring to my boost drive so he was kind enough to add a rubber stopper of some kind with a spring mounted underneath with a wire for the driver positive soldered onto it.

DSCN1692.jpg

DSCN1695.jpg

Here is a shot of the boost driver attached and the obligatory beam shot (my camera doesn't take very good ones)

DSCN1696.jpg

DSCN1710.jpg

And here is one more beam shot with my 155mW green, 220mW 6X (jayrob), and my LOC-815@434mA

DSCN1715.jpg

I couldn't happier with this build!! I would recommend an Ehgemus build to anyone wanting an all custom host. Everything was smooth from telling him to what I wanted to getting exactly as I requested. The attention to detail is top-notch. I can't wait to order another. :worthy: :thanks:

Nice host you've got there! Ehgemus makes some quality hosts. I've bought three from him and all of them are perfect. I'm just waiting on my 445nm diode and I'll have my Ehgemus 445 build running too.

-Tony

Yea sooooo I think my first portable build will be with one of these hosts...

Kevlar

yup, check out his albums on his member page, soooo many to choose from. AND he will build it to you specifications!!!!

Last edited:
Honestly I don't know why people make flashlight into lasers when there are guys like Harold that can hook you up immensely!!!

Think about it
The flashlight ~10-15 bucks
Custom heatsink ~20-30 bucks
Aixiz Module ~ 3-5 bucks

It'll be about 40 bucks all in all. And you'll have a cheap DX clicky and often times gritty threads too.

Now behold this beauty:
DSC09175.jpg

42 bucks shipped!!!
WOW!!! You'll get a beautifully polished host exactly how you want it, with a focusing ring, and a 120VAC 3A quality clicky, with smooth threads, direct press diode for better heatsinking, all for about the same price.

Yeah it's a no brainer.

-Tony

Last edited:

Kevlar

you got it!!! I don't know if I'll ever convert another torch into a laser again...

Oh, and you forgot the easy-focus adapter ;-)

Last edited:
yup Ehgemus really makes awesome host i got some of his work to, i just wish i had the material and skills to anodise these beauties:drool:

yup Ehgemus really makes awesome host i got some of his work to, i just wish i had the material and skills to anodise these beauties:drool:

Me too, I wouldn't mind a dark matte charcoal gray anodizing. Although I like the bare aluminum too. If you take some Mothers Metal Polish to it you can really get the aluminum to shine up to a mirror finish. It leaves prints but it still looks awesome!

-Tony

That is simply amazing :) ^^

:drool:
:worthy:

I think after my labbies, I will concetrate my efforts to make a 445nm portible build!

Last edited:
Thanks for all the kind words.

Is there anyone on here that can anodize? I thank this option would be great.

Kevlar

My friend owns a machine shop and anything he needs anodized he sends it out to a local shop around here. If anyone is interested I can get the contact info.

Your friend doesn't send anything off for true type III anodizing does he? Its type II or "type II and a half"?

Kevlar

I'll look into it next week and get back to you guys. Have a happy 4th!! :beer:

I not sure if darkhorse is doing anything right now. I hope he is because he is good at anodizing