Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Ehgemus 32650 Custom 2W+ 445nm

Fiddy

G'day,

Got my Ehgemus 32650 Custom Host in the mail last week :D

Dayyuummmmmm he does a good job, the thing is so light, Highly polished, great machining lines, fits a 32650 battery inside, the tolerance on the battery bay is so close that you can feel the resistance of the air leaving the battery bay, if i had piston rings on the battery, i could possibly have a internal combustion engine :p

I ordered a M-140 from DTR to use in this puppy, so i opted for 2x flexdrives at 900mA a pop.

I also ordered a 32650 5500mAh battery from Jayrob.

The Build

Mounted the flexdrives onto copper driver heatsinks that i filed down to meet the arc of the pill area.

ehgemus.jpg

Thermally glued the flexdrives to the copper heatsinks, then the heatsinks to the pill area, not the prettiest job but it works :)

ehgemus4.jpg

Pills ready to rock!

ehgemus3.jpg

Assembled

ehgemus10.jpg

ehgemus6.jpg

ehgemus8.jpg

ehgemus5.jpg

ehgemus9.jpg

I grabbed the first glass lens i could find, turns out it was a glass lens coated coated for 660 and it was making 1600mW, then i had a eureka moment and looked at the blue coating :twak:

Switched to a Aixiz Glass Lens coated for 405-445nm and i hit 2W :drool:
How efficient is that!

Ehgemus445nm18AGlassLens.png

2240mW with the 405-G-1, it dropped from 2240mW to 2200mW after 40 seconds :D

Ehgemus445nm18A405-g-1.png

Thanks for Looking!

Fiddy.

Last edited:

DTR

Very nice. Really like the detail Ehgemus has been putting into these new hosts and great work on the build as well. The driver heatsinking looks great.:beer:

*Drool* WOW!!! :drool: Now that is a very sexy host. I could almost feel it in my hands....