Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

ebay r-lsales sending dud Li-ion batteries to customers.

SyKo

Re: ebay r-lsales dishonest, sent bad Li-ion batteries back due to being completely d

In all of my experiences with ebay/paypal my Dialog with customer support had always been "Hi how can we help you" me: "I am a selle-" ebay:"Sorry but you;ve lost your money and theres nothing we are going to do".

Surprised ebay even hesitated to refund you.

Re: ebay r-lsales dishonest, sent bad Li-ion batteries back due to being completely d

There are four kinds of sellers and customers on ebay; customers who are honorable, customers who are not, sellers who are honorable, sellers who are not.

OVNI

Re: ebay r-lsales dishonest liar. Bad Li-ion battery seller and cheat.

I think ebay will refund disputes for some buyers, if they have made enough money off of them and they have a 100 percent feed back history, as I do... and just take the loss letting him keep the money, I suspect that is what happened.

That has happened to me too. Got a refund but it was an eBay courtesy. I think the rep described it something akin to 'before the fact'. They pursue the seller to retrieve the loss but they do not want the buyer to have to wait for the outcome. Good policy I think.

My best indicator of seller integrity is not how much negative feedback they have, per se, but how they respond to negative feedback. I also recognize there are unscrupulous buyers out there that prey on sellers who then can become very suspicious of every return.

If someday we can crack that part of the human genome or psyche that contributes to all this bad behavior that still leaves the ethical/moral question of whether we should mess with it. I suppose that's a topic for another post.

Wow, that's ridiculous...

With eBay being one of my income sources and owning an online store for about a year, I have rarely come across behavior like this from any seller. This would be unacceptable in my book... Just looking at the sellers reply to the neg feedback has me outraged. The insults and rage in his replies are very unprofessional and immature, I'm surprised he has managed to stay on eBay.

I will definitely be checking over this guy's page later. On the much brighter side, eBay's got one of the best buyer protection services I've ever used... Almost always the buyer will be happily compromised by either eBay themselves, or the seller. I've only once had to get eBay involved in a case, as a local case request between the seller and buyer has usually always worked for me.

Nice job on eBay's part for refunding you and staying truthful to their buyer protection, I can only hope the seller doesn't get to keep the cash. I'll go as far as to say that would be fraud if the seller gets to keep the money.

-Sean

Can you even cause a battery to have zero volts if you short it so hard and long it can run all the way down to zero volts without melting the plastic wrapping and perhaps burst the battery? I don't even think that is possible, not from a short, it would heat up too much and have visible damage, more than just the arc marks he said were on it.

Can you even cause a battery to have zero volts if you short it so hard and long it can run all the way down to zero volts without melting the plastic wrapping and perhaps burst the battery? I don't even think that is possible, not from a short, it would heat up too much and have visible damage, more than just the arc marks he said were on it.

Could have went down to zero volts because it got discharged by some for, maybe shorting it or natural. Not sure if those batteries like to discharge a lot or not.

Loosing 16 bucks isn't the issue to me, it's the dishonesty that miffs me.

I know exactly what you mean. It just amazes me the lengths people will go to over $10-$15 bucks. Had it happen a few times on ebay.

Had a guy send me knock off knives once. - Perfect feedback too, turns out I just happened to be the first guy to have had an authentic knife on hand to compare to. When I contacted him about it, he immediately denied it, said I was full of shit (literally comment). Opened dispute, took side by side pictures, got a label, shipped back the fakes, and got my money back. What pissed me off were the types of messages he sent (all forwarded to ebay, paypal, fbi, and his local police department for good measure). The thing is, in my original email I even told him, I would keep the knives at cost, (I found what the knock offs online for $12 shipped, paid $24 shipped to him), but instead of doing that he dragged it out.

Another more recent case, guy was supposed to include a dual coil rba for a subtank, as part of the package. After shipping it out 3 weeks late, no dual coil rba. Checked the listing, it's there. Contact him, he says no it was not supposed to be included. Go to listing, it's been pulled. Good thing I saved a copy. Told him to just refund me the difference, $8 iirc, instead he goes on a rant. Tell him, fine, send me a return label, I'll ship the tank back, refund me in full, let's call it a day. Guy disappears, but drags out process. Paypal rules in my favor.

Had several cases like this. It's really usually not at all about the money for me. All my disputes have always been for low amounts, one time for a higher amount, but in that case it was a carrier issue, and the package was found. I'm just very specific when I sell, what I sell, how it will be delivered, and always guarantee it's 100% as advertised, 100% working on arrival, and 100% sold as is after that. Don't think it's unreasonable to hold other sellers to that same standard.

Where batteries are concerned, go with known companies who support our hobbies...

Illumn.com - Flashlights, Batteries, Carry Gear, Intelligent LED Lighting, and More!

Mountain Electronics

OVNI

...Tell him, fine, send me a return label, I'll ship the tank back, refund me in full, let's call it a day...

I forgot to mention in my previous post, for the last couple years (or more I think) eBay has been providing me with return shipping labels for DOA or Not As Advertised items even when Sellers state it's the Buyer's responsibility. You simply have to go through eBay's resolution process which includes asking the Seller for a return label. eBay will let you "work it out with the Seller" and after a certain number of days, you can escalate for a decision by eBay which then results in a label mailed to you. But you have to wait thru the process, not jump the gun with bad feedback, nor threaten the Seller with bad feedback if you don't get what you want (called Feedback Extortion).

Now I've been buying since 1998 so I don't know how much of their 'policy' is a function of the Buyer's history or just plain discretionary on their part. I have gotten explanations from time to time that I got what I wanted due to a 'courtesy decision' or something to that effect.

Not sure when that policy went into effect about return labels or how evenly it's applied. Big part of the reason why my vape tank dispute was ruled in my favor was that the seller refused to cover shipping. Ironically I did get get a shipping label next day after it was ruled in my favor.

Looking into it a bit further, the labels if used, are actually paid for by the seller, the funds are just deducted by ebay directly from them. Have to admit, I did consider being petty and mailing back a cinder block :eg:

I think once the shipping label is created, at that point the cost of shipping is deducted from their account whether the buyer mails it back or not. I can create shipping labels online through the USPS and they take my money right then whether I ship or not. When I opened a case for getting dead batteries, the same day I received them, he did create a return label, that surprised me, why return bad batteries? I suppose he didn't believe me and wanted to see for himself, or might be able to return them to his supplier for a credit, although doubtful since he probably buys them direct from China.

I think the guy just got a bad batch of batteries, or they were so old they self drained down to nothing, but if I had bad batteries, I wouldn't be trying to off-load them as good batteries. Perhaps this caught him unaware, but then turning around and claiming arc marks on the battery which did not exist in an attempt to keep the cash was just wrong.

Edit: I might as well add this item from another ebay seller to the thread: http://www.ebay.com/itm/291643655227

Please look at that ebay sale and tell me what you think of it, I'd like to know what you think you will get if you bought this, then I will tell you what you really get.

Last edited:

Hi
I just bought 2-32650 Feilongs for a mag light build for the same vendor they are charging really slow for the last 8 hrs. hope they don't go by the way of this post. Keeping my fingers cross the charge is climbing though thats good so far. Hope i don't get stiffed ...

Rich:)

I bought some 32650 batteries from him in the past, eight of them, but mine were IMREN: 2 PC Imren IMR 32650 3 7V 5000mAh Li MN Safe Chemistry Rechargeable Battery | eBay - Those batteries charged up fine, it's just the 26650's I received which were bad.

How much current does your charger provide for each battery slot? If a half amp or less, it may take a long time to charge them.

Please look at this link, read the above edit to my last post and tell me what you think: New 532nm 5mm Double Concave Glass Lens Green Laser Module Diode Beam Expander | eBay

Last edited:

Hi Alaskan,
I dodged the bullet with the32650's, The mag Light NUBM44 build i just did was tested with 2-26650's . Well after the 32650's charged the out put sky rocketed and kept climbing. I'll have revise the threads total out put in a few when i get time. just to play it safe i ordered 2-32650 Efest like you mentioned. from IMR where i get most of my cells. Looking at the LPM i almost was rocked off my seat it was climbing . I guess it's hit or miss with some vendors from time to time. Hey i got burned a few time with other items if it makes you feel better my brother. Oh the lens is 5mm Dia. don't we use 6.3mm in our 10mm barrels if it fit the bill the price is great i would buy it just to see what it'll about. Oh the charger slots put out 2A's on my charger .

Rich:)

On the "beam expander" lens in that ebay sale I wanted the opinion on, I should have been more specific, I just wanted to see if anyone else would think they were getting both the collimator and the concave lens together for that price, since his photo showed both together and he called it a "beam expander". Come to find out, he only sends the concave lens, not both... Wanted to see if anyone else thought what I did when they saw the listing, that both lenses were included.

Good news on your 32650's :)

Teej

Buyer is from hell and is a liar

This guy is internet GOLD.

:D

Except he either lied, or confused me with another buyer who sent damaged batteries back. I bought two more from him, they arrived at work today, but I left before I knew they were there. OK, I will report on what he sent me this time, maybe he sent good ones, I hope so, I didn't order these until after I reported the other ones bad, so he has no excuse for not checking them this time. If he sent bad ones again, I will get my money back, if good ones, then he will have a reprieve from me. I used my wifes ebay account with a different delivery address, maybe asking for trouble, but I want to get to the bottom of this issue with that batch, plus I need them still and his prices are the best for those.

Maybe this will end up being a stupid is as stupid does, but ebay refunded me last time.

Last edited: