Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

DTR's Laser Shop - Laser Diodes & More

I recently ordered a few parts from DTR and the order included the new 9mm 445nm diode and an Osram 450nm diode. I have to say that I am beyond satisfied with my purchase once again. I bought the 9mm diode pressed and soldered with a G1 barrel and the soldering job with heatshrink was flawless. I would have done it myself but I lack a 9mm press though DTRs work was prefect so I do not regret it at all. As for the Osram diode, I could tell immediately that its beam has superior divergence over an M140 by a reasonable amount making it a great distance pointer. I set the Osram to 1.7A and it has a brighter beam than my M140s running at 1.8A. I think it could be due to it having a larger wavelength on top of a more dense beam.

Lets just say there is a reason I have a link to DTRs site in my signature. He is that good :crackup:

I would like also to add my feedback about DTR, I purchased a 12X S06J Bluray Diode In Copper Module W/Microboost & 405-G-2 Glass Lens and a Sky-Ray SR5 Host Kit :all is perfect. I received the package to France in one week (!) the power is incredible VS my "old" phr803t... On my rare earth painting :
dtr.jpg

I didn't have time to go in detail so I asked some noob question and DTR answered me rapidly.
Just a suggestion : add some voltage input about the microboost in the order page of your site just to make people sure, hopefully I didn't make mistake, Vmax for microboost is 5.5V!
Would buy again ofc ! thanks !

Last edited:
Just wanted to say that I've been buying from DTR for about a year now and he is probably the best and most reliable seller on this site. I currently have 5 builds that use DTR diodes and modules in both hand helds and labbies. I have also purchased several orders of fans, projector optics and lenses from DTR.

My most recent purchase was a 2W 445nm Copper Laser Module W/X-Drive & 405-G-2 Glass Lens that I put into one of his Skyray SR5 hosts and I couldn't be happier. The diode currently has an output of 2,341mW (tested earlier today). The skyray host does an incredible job of dissipating heat and giving great duty cycles. One of the other things I like about this particular build is the ability to use a single 18650 (instead of the normal 2 16340's) to give a lower output (in my case 563mW). It's essentially having a 2.3W and .56W laser all in one.

+1 DTR.

Hey there DTR

Tried responding by PM to thank you for your very fast response to my request for the copper modules. PM send kept failing. Lousy dialup internet here. I had to drive to a broadband wifi hotspot in order to send payment to you.

Thank you

Bob

DTR

No problem. They are packed up ready to go out in the morning.:beer:

BarryH

Looks like my package made it out today as well... Thanks! :gj:

I'm looking forward to my first build after lurking quietly here for so long.

Last edited:

XAP3X

Vouch for DTR, he is very reliable man and great at building lasers!

BowtieGuy

LPF Site Supporter
Thanks DTR,
My module arrived safely in the mail today.
I just wish my batteries shipped that fast!
Great service :beer:

Received my M140 yesterday!!!

Thanks Again DTR! Oh and it works wonderfully as usual...

Received both modules, great work. The extended lens holder is a nice option. Do you sell the stock 9mm lenses by themselves? I would buy a couple with extended holders.

I just bought 4 - 9mm modules w/ 2.1a x-drives 2 days ago :D Can't wait to get them