Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Dragon Lasers 589nm 50mw Handheld

Hello everyone,
Up for my second GB effort already. The Goldenstar Lab laser effort went well and all lasers are in route to their prospective buyers.

After seeing Isaac's 589nm DL 50mw I could not resist. I bought one and received it a couple weeks ago and it's the first laser I think I've owned that I have turned on daily. It is a truly remarkable unit. With shipping to me I ended up paying right at $430 and I have no regrets about it. If you have not already seen the review take a look here: http://laserpointerforums.com/f52/updated-firefly-589nm-dl-review-89442.html

I just received communication from Adam at DL and he is willing to send x10 units to me for $3770 total, shipping to me included. For those of you without a calculator, that comes to $377 per unit before reshipping. Given USPS flat rate is right at $6, for those in CONUS you're looking at about $383 without insurance. I do t remember exactly what $200 more on insurance would be but it's around $3.

I will do this the same way I did the last one. Participants will secure their spot with a *non-refundable* deposit of $77 by MO or $80 by PayPal (fees). Deposit is only refundable if something happens and the order never gets placed, once placed then it's non-refundable. Should someone place a deposit and need to back out I will sell their laser to the highest bidder over $310 any balance remaining after I've recouped my front money. So, if I sell it for $357 you get $55 back, if it sells for $327 you get $25 back, and so forth. Once I've received all deposits I will send DL $3770 via bank transfer or other free and secure method, and front the money for the balance. Once I receive the lasers I will reship them to the buyer after they've paid the balance due of $300 plus any additional insurance they want. Simple. I will also accept full payment up front for anyone who just wants to get it over with and send their money immediately.

This should probably be limited to CONUS buyers but I would consider international participants if they will do the research and figure out what shipping would be to them and then are willing to pick up the cost.

I am good for one more, maybe two if it makes the deal. I've already got another couple people saying they want one too. So, we need ten total and already seem to have at least 3 for the list.

Please PM me for questions or to get on the list. I check my PMs about twice a day so please be patient with me. If you want a faster response then use the forum email utility to send me an email.

List will be updated periodically. If you see your name is not on the list and it should be, you've paid the deposit, or you want a beam expander and the list isn't updated then please email me.

1. Jmillerdoc -deposit paid BE
2. Starlight - deposit paid
3. Bowtieguy - deposit paid
4. ultimatekaiser - deposit paid
5. FlutterPie - deposit paid BE
6. JnHowett - deposit paid
7. Jmillerdoc - deposit paid BE
8. Brucemir - paid
9. ChaosLord - deposit paid
10. Kaphn8d
11. Shakenawake- deposit paid

Cheers!
JM

Last edited:

IsaacT

One thing you might consider letting people do is, if something comes up for them, let them sell their GB spot to someone for the cost of their deposit. That is what I ended up having to do when money went south and I was on the line for a DeadEyeMo custom host.

For anyone who doesn't know Jmiller, he is an awesome guy and very trustworthy. For anyone who has never seen a 589nm laser, there is literally no better time to jump on one than right now. IMO the 589nm market price has reached an all time low for mW/$ and due to a lack of materials will soon be rebounding. CNI has already doubled their prices. Only a matter of time before others do as well.

Good luck on the GB!

I don't think prices will go up, its not like the cost of materials (coatings) will suddenly change for some reason.

JMiller, I wish you wouldn't do this, because i am having a major struggle with myself right now...The price...but my wallet...hnggggg

BowtieGuy

LPF Site Supporter
You already know I want one.:D Please sign me up!
My PGL needs a little brother.

P.S. - As Isaac said, Jmillerdoc is is a great guy to work with, his 1st G.B. was run flawlessly.
BTW, can't wait to receive my 532nm labby!

Last edited:
Sure, if someone wants to sell their deposit after I place the order, that would be perfectly fine,

I am very tempted... Just not sure if I should. I will let you know what I decide.

Don't think any more about it, just say yes. Even if your using money budgeted to feed your children you won't be sorry. This thing is so amazing all you need to do is drive through a drive through and instead of money, just show them your laser and they will give you food for free. It's that good. Same with your utility bills, just shine the laser on the meter and it will magically roll back. Shall I put you on the list?

Don't think any more about it, just say yes. Even if your using money budgeted to feed your children you won't be sorry. This thing is so amazing all you need to do is drive through a drive through and instead of money, just show them your laser and they will give you food for free. It's that good. Same with your utility bills, just shine the laser on the meter and it will magically roll back. Shall I put you on the list?

you almost have me convinced:angel:

I just got mine today, and it sure is a beauty! I doubt we'll see these available at this price for too long, jump on it now if you are able to.

Ahhh, I would love to get one but I first have to get myself a Rigel. I will be keeping an eye on this thread but there is a good chance it will fill up looong before I get back to the states and am able to send you the funds. It's weird everyone is getting into yellow's now :D

-Alex

Last edited:

BowtieGuy

LPF Site Supporter

you almost have me convinced:angel:

Hey cheech, those are some pretty amazing things for a laser to do, even a yellow one.
But, even better than all that, .....just imagine how that 589 will look sitting between your two HeNe's in your sig. :D

IsaacT

Hey Greenlander. A Rigel you can get anytime. But I TRULY believe DL is selling these until they are out of stock and will then not carry them. My reasoning.

1. Every other yellow offering from DL has been sold until out of stock and then removed from the options.

2. I have inquired about the missing models and was informed they could provide them. Prices were double though.

3. Which makes me think that these ARE, in fact, CNI units. CNI has doubled their yellow prices and now DL is not restocking and their offers through email are doubled in price.

Of course they are CNI, they are all CNI lasers :)
Makes sense with the going out of stock thing though, I will probably have to suck it up and get one.