Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

DONE ***  BluRays again ;)  *** DONE

WahHK

Re: DONE ***  BluRays again ;)  *** DONE

The best news today!!!

:) ;) :D ;D :cool: ::) :p [smiley=beer.gif] [smiley=grin.gif] [smiley=thumbsup.gif] [smiley=thumbup.gif] [smiley=vrolijk_26.gif] [smiley=vrolijk_1.gif] [smiley=dankk2.gif]

Kenom

is it too late to hop aboard???

WahHK

Hi Daedal,
When will the diodes arrive and when will they be shipped out? ::) ::)
Thank you!
Wah!

sparks

Kenom said:
is it too late to hop aboard???

Well, I just paid via Google, I hope that is not an issue for me?

Will I get them?  Or a refund?

As a noobie, not so sure how this works.  Daedal?

:-/

Re: BluRays

Wow I wanted to tell everybody, I just got my Blu-ray laser from the 1st GB. Daedal put it into a box and when I switch it on the fun begins! He sure did a great job! This thing so way unique! ;D ;D ;D I can barely look at a day glow card with so bright a dot! :cool: :cool: :cool: I also used a lens and yup! It will etch black plastic of my ball point pen cap! Makes tiny burn lines, and with sharp eyes, you will see the smoke! My friends say in the swimming pool (at night) beam is really impressive! I'll be sending a couple of glow samples to Daedal :) :) :) :) :)

DDL --

I just light a wood match with my last blue  :) :)  53 mA at 12" ...   These focus so nice I can't believe it. I also poped one at 4' easy.
Get us more !!!!!!

Mike

Gazoo

Mike,
I don't know if you saw my post in the other thread but I finally lit a match too, and it was not pre-lit.

Same specs....55ma's appx. 12 inches.. :eek:

Gazoo --

I love it when my results match the specs others report. It means we're on the same track !!!

Two of my blues died because of stupidity here but I learned something - I hope. :eek:

With limited power, you have to study the beam for focus and it works - these are fun.

Now tomorrow, I have to get a new car. My Jeep blew a bearing on cylinder 4 and at only 172,000 miles. Crap, I was shooting for a good 200,000 ;D

Mike

Gazoo and Mike, I have only dared take mine to 42ma@5.1v. How long a duty cycle can you run these things at 52-55ma? I imagine the power curve must be quite steep over this tiny 10ma input range for you to pop balloons and light matches. I have a spare diode, but I really don't wanna blow the one I am using.

Jase

I'm hoping to get in on another GB for BluRays if it ever happens again. I'm a noob here & I'm trying to support my 13-year old son's interest in lasers. He became interested in an instructables laser flashlight hack. Bought an AixiZ module & a busted DVD burner. Extracted the diodes from the burner & tested the polarity, but haven't soldered them into the module yet. I think if I could buy a BluRay already in the module, that would be ideal. I'd also need advice on how to power it.

Looking forward to learning the basics here. After we browse a bit, I might sign my son on for his own account so he can ask questions (he has a ton of them). Let me know the best way to procede.

S

SenKat

Well, toothless - you are in the right place ! Have him READ lots in the experiments and mods section....after he has read for a while, then he can ask lotsa questions ! We have lots of young adults on here his age, and are family friendly here ! Welcome to the forum - both of you !

Gazoo

Jase,
I only ran mine maybe 5 minutes total at that current..maybe a minute or so at a time. I have backed off to a little less than 40ma's. I risked it because I just had to light a match ;D

Hey ddl,
Sorry for the lurking, but I just stumbled across this thread and sent payment for one ld in module.

Thanks for all your work.
R.p

IgorT

Hi guys!

Since the GB is allmost completed, i have a question.. The same one i asked before, but obviously on the wrong thread..

I've read somewhere that both the blue and the red LD can be used at the same time, but can't be collimated into the same beam due to different focal distances..

I've also read, that the best effect that can be achieved by combining them is maybe a pencil thickness beam, of a very interesting colour..

So does anyone here have any experience with this? What can i expect?

Thanks!