Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Donating to LPF

jayrob

New month, November.

Donation sent...

Thanks for the great forum Avery! :beer:

November Donation sent :)
Although I haven't been active lately due to failing
health, i still love LPF for good friends,
interesting reading, & remembered good times.
Thanks for LPF Avery !!!
Phoenix 77/rob

.3lite

Can someone explain why the server costs 400 USD monthly? I've been running several web-servers and game-servers past few years as my main job, and I know few things about it but I simple cannot understand what's going on here.

Leaving that, what about so many advertisements? Do you or do you not get money from donations to pay for the server? I don't get it.

Anyway, it's a simple question I believe many people was wondering about, so there is no need to be hostile. I believe I wanted to ask this question years ago :) I just couldn't resist this time (while visiting the forum).

Last edited:

.3lite

I forgot to mention that there is no need to be sarcastic, since believe me - I have a good knowledge about these things :)

It's a simple question, no offense intended.

.3lite

Thank you very much for it, just read about two pages and I'm more than satisfied with questions asked back then, so I'm hoping for answers in next pages :)

Nothing more to add, thanks!

"You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Trevor again."

- I'm just wondering, when was the first time...

Last edited:
Can someone explain why the server costs 400 USD monthly? I've been running several web-servers and game-servers past few years as my main job, and I know few things about it but I simple cannot understand what's going on here.

I know there's other explanations, but, in short, traffic. LPF is big. REALLY big. Bigger than the folks who post - posters are a small portion. So, mostly - traffic.

jayrob

New month, December.

Donation sent...

jayrob

New month, new year!

Donation sent...