Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Donating to LPF

Oh, thanks, I haven't seen that link.
Well, taking into account the delta between now and the date of the last record I believe that the time didn't come yet, because I did it on April 21.
Now I can see it more clear, thank you, sorry to bother.

CurtisOliver

LPF Site Supporter
No problem. :) Check in a couple of days. Hopefully you will see it show up. +rep for the donation.

I donate automatically every month, none of mine there, been doing so for years now, 300 USD a year, last 12 mo more.

Last edited:
Well, I'm not a student like you eating oatmeal for breakfast and lunch... Although I used to when in college.

CurtisOliver

LPF Site Supporter
Oatmeal? I'm not even that luxurious. :p
Shredded wheat and a homemade sandwich. :)
Government cuts is what has caused me to become poorer ATM.

CurtisOliver

LPF Site Supporter
Thanks, but you are correct. :p You need your money as well. Especially as you keep spending out on huge laser projects. :D

Ricker

So, would this be illegal? Say every person whom participates donates 10 dollars, half goes to Avery, and the other half goes to one person in a drawing. Don't want to bring it up if it's illegal!

We don't know if that would increase donations anyway, would have to try it to see what would happen. Perhaps it could work if the bar were set high enough, i.e. over a minimum amount to run the forum, split that. Legal or not, I don't know.

CurtisOliver

LPF Site Supporter
Prize draws are legal unless I'm wrong, but it kind of defeats the point of why people are donating in the first place imo.

Yes, then it becomes a raffle to raise funds, sort of... a cash raffle. Raffles can work, but only for so long and then interest peters out, unless the prize is really really good. I'm all for giving it a go though.

Last edited:

Ricker

I know, it is sad that we would have to do that, people don't give money out unless they are "getting something." Even though they are getting TONS of free information on here, that you absolutely cannot get anywhere else. It stinks we cannot hit Avery's goal.

eh, I don't have much faith in that bar because it isn't automatically tied to donations made, has never updated real time.

CurtisOliver

LPF Site Supporter
A prize draw/raffle would be nice, but this idea would have to be passed by Avery and have some appropriate backing by others on the forum.

I agree Ricker. There is a lot on here.
And yes that bars is not always accurate on showing how much people have donated. Check that link instead.

My guess, no pass. If that bar would update real time, I'd donate more, I want to see it move right away, but not sure that is possible.