Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Does LPF needs a new machinist?

Does LPF need a new machinist?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

OOH, a new machinist in AUS XD I may get back into building lasers that would be so handy :D I see that you're going to be selling the XXL Cypreus, literally just built one and it'll be up for sale soon :D Best of luck with sales!!!

i might be getting that host from you....to use as a dumbbell working out and lasing at the same time:D.:crackup:

I've been waiting about a week and sinner not responding my pm, turns out on his post here, he's having many jobs out there. :(

But that doen't matter if you can accept custom order :D
Btw, do you offer anodizing as well? Hard Al anodizing and hard Cu anodizing?

I need to hard anodize my host (the outer part, the Cu parts only)
I've tried with liver sulphur but it can't oxidize the Al altough AFAIK it's Al alloy that has Cu inside it. And for Cu, yes it can oxidize the Cu, but the black is not black (don't know how to say about it) it just black but gray-ish, and if i wipe/rub it with my hand with some force, the oxidize layer it peeled off (don't know the exact word) like when you erase black marker on white board. Also it's cleanable using metal polish/cleaner like Brasso.

Attachments

• IMG20160418185954.jpg
    IMG20160418185954.jpg
    164.1 KB · Views: 45
  • IMG20160418190142.jpg
    IMG20160418190142.jpg
    154.5 KB · Views: 43
I've been waiting about a week and sinner not responding my pm, turns out on his post here, he's having many jobs out there. :(

But that doen't matter if you can accept custom order :D
Btw, do you offer anodizing as well? Hard Al anodizing and hard Cu anodizing?

I need to hard anodize my host (the outer part, the Cu parts only)
I've tried with liver sulphur but it can't oxidize the Al altough AFAIK it's Al alloy that has Cu inside it. And for Cu, yes it can oxidize the Cu, but the black is not black (don't know how to say about it) it just black but gray-ish, and if i wipe/rub it with my hand with some force, the oxidize layer it peeled off (don't know the exact word) like when you erase black marker on white board. Also it's cleanable using metal polish/cleaner like Brasso.

yes i know just the right person for the job.

if you want i can anodize it for you.... pm Sent....

Kenom

I remember ages ago when we didn't have anyone to machine our hosts or make anything custom. We had to shove our stuff inside flashlights and hope it all worked out with no supplemental heatsinking. Now there are many and this hobby has benefitted from it. I do anodizing and machining now myself, but don't see a lot of sales.

Isaac, do you have a heatsink for a xml cree host for 12 mm module you can copy?

I need a cu one
Also, want it threaded to accept a sanwu expander (same threads for accessory lenses)

Last edited:
I remember ages ago when we didn't have anyone to machine our hosts or make anything custom. We had to shove our stuff inside flashlights and hope it all worked out with no supplemental heatsinking. Now there are many and this hobby has benefitted from it. I do anodizing and machining now myself, but don't see a lot of sales.
from my experience we have to pre build something then offer it for sell then custom request will flood in later.

right now i'm just building and stocking up Sinner's host at my own pace and then i'll offer them for sale on a later date... i got 10 custom order to work on at this moment...

also since everybody like carbon fiber stuff i was thinking of doing a carbonfiber wrapped cypreus host....

Isaac, do you have a heatsink for a xml cree host for 12 mm module you can copy?

I need a cu one
Also, want it threaded to accept a sanwu expander (same threads for accessory lenses)

since you're from the US i reccomend looking for Flaminpyro becaus he is closer..... (the expander seems to have it own threads which is a lot bigger than the thread that connect to the lens....).

I know, right? I'm not really as active in posting on the forum but my shop and offers are very much alive, yet my sales are dropping faster than Croatia's GDP.

I'm getting the feeling far less people are actually building stuff on their own these days, and the general interest in actually building lasers is dropping. I blame the general laser-safety paranoia and misinformation that has become common on the forums.

Rivem

I know, right? I'm not really as active in posting on the forum but my shop and offers are very much alive, yet my sales are dropping faster than Croatia's GDP.

I'm getting the feeling far less people are actually building stuff on their own these days, and the general interest in actually building lasers is dropping. I blame the general laser-safety paranoia and misinformation that has become common on the forums.

There's also the fact that right before gaming videos took over YouTube, DIY projects were more popular. Kipkay videos really sparked people's interest even though they weren't good. There also weren't as many ready to go options as there are now.

There's also the fact that right before gaming videos took over YouTube, DIY projects were more popular. Kipkay videos really sparked people's interest even though they weren't good. There also weren't as many ready to go options as there are now.

I don't really believe "gaming videos took over youtube", however no arguments about Kipkay, truth be told I joined up because I started looking up lasers because of his Maglite video.

well true that. Since you are being a manufacturer it best that you looks for a trader or some one who would order in large quantity.

talking of which i may end up ordering a lot of stuff from you within the next few days....

Soon technology will take over the world!!:D

Rivem

I don't really believe "gaming videos took over youtube", however no arguments about Kipkay, truth be told I joined up because I started looking up lasers because of his Maglite video.

Yeah, that was a bit of a hyperbolic statement, but there's no denying that the popularity of DIY/hobby videos has stagnated as gaming channels have dramatically risen in popularity over the last few years.

I honestly never thought of laser pointers as capable of burning until the Kipkay videos, so I'm pretty much in the same boat. Didn't join until recently though.

well true that. Since you are being a manufacturer it best that you looks for a trader or some one who would order in large quantity.

talking of which i may end up ordering a lot of stuff from you within the next few days....

Well, Grix from Bitlasers is my best customer currently, he's the only one still regularily making large(ish) orders.

Yeah, that was a bit of a hyperbolic statement, but there's no denying that the popularity of DIY/hobby videos has stagnated as gaming channels have dramatically risen in popularity over the last few years.

I honestly never thought of laser pointers as capable of burning until the Kipkay videos, so I'm pretty much in the same boat. Didn't join until recently though.

Well, I dunno, yes there's a ton more gaming videos simply on the account there's truly tons of games, and the hardware to record and upload the gameplay and voice dub isn't anything special anymore.

And to be honest I haven't really been searching for a lot of hardware or electronics or laser-specific DIY videos anyway, so I don't really have hard facts with me.

BUT, nevertheless, I would still like to stress once more, the point of laser safety exaggeration and outright false information being spread around the forums. If you make it a common statement that nobody should be taking a look at $20-30 lasers without $50 safety goggles up-front investment, you are literally pushing people away from your hobby.

I'm willing to bet that GREAT majority of the people. trying to see if they can perhaps afford one of the lasers at any given price point are simply put off when they are told that whatever their initial funding plans were, they suddenly doubled or tripled.