Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Does anyone even care about 473nm anymore?

You know how they have "DUAL COLOR" lasers ? Wouldn't it be awesome to have a "DUAL COLOR" laser, that was 1 Watt/445nm. & 1 WATT/473nm, with the beams exiting the aperture at the same end ????

Moptsp

I want all the different lasers wavelengths too, and I also hope the cost of DPSS will drop. :D -Glenn

I know right? Well it seems they have for 5mw greens. I remember when any laser at <5mw other than red was expensive. Now you can go on ebay and get one for an avg of $10-$15. And the more quality ones only go for about ~$60. I can't wait till they find an easier way to do the 473nm DPSS so they are more affordable.

The only reason I haven't gotten one is the output to price ratio is too low. I don't mind if it burns or not, I just want the ratio to be closer to 1.

Now that 445nm is in and is very cheap, I just wanted to ask if anyone still cares about 473nm? I remember about 6 months ago drooling over a 5mW 473nm and I was so jealous of anyone that had one, but now i'm like f**** that there's 445nm and it goes up to 1 watt!

BITE THY TONGUE, INFIDEL :gun: or I SHALL SHOOT THEE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
(just kiddin' dude) 473 nm's just happens to be THE BEST COLOR in the entire spectrum of ALL the available lasers that come in a hand held unit, BAR NONE.
Of course, this is just MY opinion. I'm sure that there are plenty of Members out there that would beg to differ with me.
I MUST find them & shoot them ! :gun: (just kiddin' again) Or am I ????????

To be honest, I wasn't really all that impressed with 445nm. To me, or at least the way that my eyes perceive it, it's kind of a weird color, halfway between violet and blue. The dot itself looks like a deep pure blue but there is a violet haze everywhere else. 473nm is a gorgeous sky blue with not a hint of violet. It's interesting how only 30nm or so can make such a difference.

I like 473nm 100 times better. I'd take a 5mW 473nm pen laser over a 1000mW 445nm handheld any day. Besides the beam of these 445nm diodes kinda sucks.

-Tony

To be honest, I wasn't really all that impressed with 445nm. To me, or at least the way that my eyes perceive it, it's kind of a weird color, halfway between violet and blue. The dot itself looks like a deep pure blue but there is a violet haze everywhere else. 473nm is a gorgeous sky blue with not a hint of violet. It's interesting how only 30nm or so can make such a difference.

I like 473nm 100 times better. I'd take a 5mW 473nm pen laser over a 1000mW 445nm handheld any day. Besides the beam of these 445nm diodes kinda sucks.

-Tony

Wow, I agree 100% with everything that is said here.
I was just telling someone via PM this!

What I want to see is 491nm but a labby 491nm has a max output power of >2mW. So I guess having it be even a 5mW handheld is out of the question.

Moptsp

Wow, I agree 100% with everything that is said here.
I was just telling someone via PM this!

I just looked at your 473nm PGL review. Man I want one! Honestly, that's the first time I have seen a portable 473nm light a match. :D

Looking at your sig flecom makes me jealous you have so many lab lasers. :crackup:

flecom

lol thanks, guess I should get around to posting pics of all the toys...

most of them are installed in projectors or beam tables etc...

I finally bought my first pointer :)

lol thanks, guess I should get around to posting pics of all the toys...

most of them are installed in projectors or beam tables etc...

I finally bought my first pointer :)
Wow your first handheld is 350mW of 445nm I bet your like, "meh it's not that bright" :crackup:

flecom

Wow your first handheld is 350mW of 445nm I bet your like, "meh it's not that bright" :crackup:

for something I can hold in my hand its incredibly bright! I turned it down to 350 only because thats as low as the driver would let me lol

I want to try and find a way to turn it down to like 50mW or so max... thats the most I would feel comfortable with in a pointer personally...

I work with some big toys, but I happily keep my vision because I treat lasers like firearms, always assume its loaded, never point it at anything you do not wish to destroy :D