Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Do you carry your laser as self defense at night?

Status
Not open for further replies.
And if the gun was fired in this position it would likely break several of your knuckles.

'i used to do x, then i took an arrow to the knee' is a internets meme, he's just trolling

I had just closed Skyrim before I posted that. It also elaborates on how dumb it could be to try and use a laser for self defense if someone has a more suitable weapon to use back at you.

ALSO, it wasn't trolling. Trolling would assume I was trying to get a rise out of people or set people up. I just underestimated the low amount of people on here that have actually played the game, obviously. Just a stupid comment on a stupid topic :p

Last edited:
'i used to do x, then i took an arrow to the knee' is a internets meme, he's just trolling

I had just closed Skyrim before I posted that. It also elaborates on how dumb it could be to try and use a laser for self defense if someone has a more suitable weapon to use back at you.

ALSO, it wasn't trolling. Trolling would assume I was trying to get a rise out of people or set people up. I just underestimated the low amount of people on here that have actually played the game, obviously. Just a stupid comment on a stupid topic :p

Makes a lot more sense now.

Side note... level 71 in skyrim, mostly use a legendary daedric bow, with petrifying in combo with other power ups, around 200 in damage per shot. Sneak attack takes out just about any target... and if it doesn't finish the job hopefully the target is frozen and I can take my time killing them:eg:

Makes a lot more sense now.

Side note... level 71 in skyrim, mostly use a legendary daedric bow, with petrifying in combo with other power ups, around 200 in damage per shot. Sneak attack takes out just about any target... and if it doesn't finish the job hopefully the target is frozen and I can take my time killing them:eg:

I also mainly use a legendary daedric bow :D Sneak attacks ftw!

Fiddy

Interesting subject.

Walking to parties in my area i carry my 450mW 445nm Pocket mini.
Ive never had to use it, the plan is tho, have it with no lens so its fully diverged and flash it at who's coming at you..then LEG IT!

I also carry my NV goggles if im walking through bushland, you never release how many eyes are on you when walking through the bush at night, the IR emitted from the NV goggles bounce of the eyes of animals and appear as 2 glowing dots on the goggles!

Fiddy

Well people (and gangs) can see the light from a flashlight and in my opinion that would attract unwanted attention to yourself, so i tend to steer clear of the visible light spectrum there :)

The real question is, how come you aren't carrying a flashlight at night instead?

No, the REAL question is why you aren't carrying around both a laser and a flashlight?:na:

Well people (and gangs) can see the light from a flashlight and in my opinion that would attract unwanted attention to yourself, so i tend to steer clear of the visible light spectrum there :)

Lol... that doesn't really make sense. Last time I checked 445nm was very much in the visible spectrum and 1W+ of it is extremely visible. Unless of course you're lugging around an IR laser, but how would you aim it?:thinking:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.