Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Do it Yourself Complete Green DPSS with O-like Crystals

and the "cerise sur le gateau" pictures :
the path of 1064 nm ! there is no KTP crystal, only the vanadate.
I used some smoke to reveal the beam. Note that the path followed by the 1064 is not the same, a better design would use the same path. Picture taken with a fuji s100fs. :beer:

dscf7871.jpg

dscf7829.jpg

in this last picture, beam are difficult to see :
dscf7845e.jpg

Last edited:

Simply fantastic maus. B ut for someone who's hands shake as much as MINE do, I'll have to settle for a pre-made unit from O-Like or someone similar. It just goes to show you though, all the intricacies involved in putting togeyher just a "SIMPLE" Green laser. Imagine what is involved with the assembly of something like, say a MULTI-LINE ARGON:huh: :wtf::oops: I would imagine that there would be a lot of the prior listed smilies. As for your rendition, I submit these smilies :gj::worthy::oops::kewlpics::thanks: Maybe too many smilies, but they portray my thoughts exactly !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :wave: rob

Really awesome Maus! I don't know how I missed this post. Keep up the good work and have Susie send you some free IR laser goggles. You earned them, with this job. Cheers!

David

Hello ! a rapid thread showing an homemade DPSS system :

For a rapid setup, i found that if you mount the OC on a surface (i would say don't manipulate the OC itself with your hand, but the surface where is stick the OC) is more accurate .​

xx2w.jpg

To check if this work, put the KTP and vanadate just close each other, and the vanadate in front of the diode (in the picture above, the diode is a cmount one.)
Place your OC on a mount, at 3..5 cm far from the face of vanadate. It's easier to find the right cavity with a far mirror.
oc33.jpg

!​

Hi
You're so amazing, with simple things and you can make it? Congratulation.

I would like to ask in the setup that you made in the first success, meaning the first time you saw green, you use no lens to focus the 808nm beam into vanadate, did you, just put the vanadat as close as possible to the decanned diode? And how is the diameter of the 808nm beam in the vanadta? As I see, the pump spot size may be 1 mm or more is it?​

HIMNL9

All this is a very good experimental work, my compliments.

And another thing ..... looking at your "professionally-mixed-parts DIY setups", now i feel myself less alone :D :beer:

thanks for all your comments , they were greatly appreciated !
:yh:
funny discover : i rent a new appartment, and i was playing with some 405 nm laser , when i see that my previous owner recovered the wall with some invisible ink ! its perfectly invisible daytime. im gonna write on wall too =)

I can't believe I haven't seen this Thread before....
WOW... great job of explaining AND showing how a 532nm Green
laser works....:gj: +1

Jerry

I just found this thread, and I must say:

Totally AWESOME work! And such a great write-up with great photos!

Thank you so much for sharing! This is an epic thread.

Yes you have to be dedicated (or is it detonated? hehe) to keep plugging away! Many hobbyists throw in the towel after they cannot get ANY green at all. It's a lot harder than it looks. Goggles are definitely required around unmasked pumps though. It's fun learning along the way isn't it?

ReNNo

I was playing today with 808nm laser and some cheap crystals.
Here are some new pictures just to bump this topic.