Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Do i need goggles?

I agree 100% with the BIONIC-B. I also have the ML-7's & they DO make a GREAT all 'round goggle, (except for a few of the more exotic wavelengths). They are a WEE BIT PRICEY too. In short though, they are EXCELLENT EYE PROTECTION if you can afford them...................... rob

I was at a club last week and I know enough to know a laser with a solid green beam is pretty powerful.
Anyway, they had a few of these beams flyin around and they got me square in the eye a few times!
I was just wondering how bad of a thing that was... ?
:/

I know you can't put a price on your eyesight but, I'm on a budget. Where can I get some decent quality goggles / glasses that are economically priced ie. > $50?

Ash

I know you can't put a price on your eyesight but, I'm on a budget. Where can I get some decent quality goggles / glasses that are economically priced ie. > $50?
:wave: applause
Nice necropost.
necro.jpg

So. You can get a decent pair of safety glasses for less than $50.
Recommendations;
1. Eaglepair
2. Dragon Lasers
3. O-like

I'll 2nd that question... They look too good to be true, but with a 100% positive feedback after over 1400 transactions... it might be a good deal after all.

Rayfoss is a decent company, so the 100% positive feedback isn't too surprising.

As for the goggles, no those aren't a good choice.

For under 100mW, they will probably be fine, but for any higher powered laser, please get yourself something at least half decent.

There are links to various companies in my signature, that sell certified or at least tested goggles.

Are there any decent goggles for a glasses wearing person? If I wear my current goggles with my glasses on, less of my vision is protected.

Are there any decent goggles for a glasses wearing person? If I wear my current goggles with my glasses on, less of my vision is protected.

Yes there are, at least for everything except red, I haven't found anything yet for red. I wear glasses and I found that these:
HDE® Laser Eye Protection Safety Glasses Goggles for Green Blue Lasers W/ Free Hard Case - Amazon.com
fit perfectly not over but under my glasses, I don't know if that will work for most people or not. See this thread where they were tested:
http://laserpointerforums.com/f52/h...-back-7-95-w-case-free-shipping-us-80717.html
Here is something better:
Eagle Pair® 190-540nm Slip Over Laser Safety Goggles
And you could try these:
Blue Blocking Goggles (fits over eyeglasses!) - $11.99 : Cajunlasers Store

Alan

Is Cajunlasers Store a reliable site to purchase from? I don't want it taking too long to arrive, since they're in the US and i'm in the UK.

Is Cajunlasers Store a reliable site to purchase from? I don't want it taking too long to arrive, since they're in the US and i'm in the UK.

It is. I vouch for service offered by Clif, owner of CajunLasers.

Eudaimonium, you have a reputation beyond repute.
I will take your word for it, thanks.