Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Dismantled Aixiz glass lenses (445nm)

Accidentally dismantled, everything got apart. the full body dismantled into 4 smaller parts: small lens, a small (4mm) ring, big lens and a end cap. when I mount everything together, the diameter of the dot of any color laser goes to +- 4cm (when focused to infinity). anyone knows how to solve this?

Aixiz glass lenses are three element lenses, so that means you need three optic pieces inside. You forgot one obviously, and one optic piece is free to move inside the holder so your dot changes rapidly.

well well, I think the 'bigger optic' is 2 lenses glued together, I may be wrong, as kiyoukan selled they to me along with a 445 diode, and I have no confirmation that this is aixiz glass lens.
how to rebuild it? :)

then the only other way is to compare the lens differences to a known good unit. you can't just assemble it with the lens' at any distance apart.

michael

chipdouglas: I don't have another glass lens to test, neither know how to focus.
Blord: nothing :(
thanks for both.

well well I think I will not find (I didn't finded :D) for the inside lenses assembled... damn ._. I do not know how to focus this thing...
would anybody enlighten me?

Blord

Why don't you try all combinations of lenses and spacer. The must be limited ways to assemble the lens module. Remember that the lens has two way to put in the module.

yeah thanks.
I tried 3 times and got some better results (2cm). there is hard to set the lens correctly on the thread.

IsaacT

I am not sure how far out you are trying to focus this and getting 2cm, but the 445 diodes, due to being multimode, are NOT a pretty dot, but more like a rectangle, so if it looks weird, it may be due to that.

EDIT-a picture of the dot may help. And the components....I would take apart mine, but I don't want to have to order another one. :/

Blord: I'm trying your picture, thanks. The lenses look different from mine, as the most right lens are convex-convex "((". The two lenses at the left seems to be glued here, don't know.

I am not sure how far out you are trying to focus this and getting 2cm, but the 445 diodes, due to being multimode, are NOT a pretty dot, but more like a rectangle, so if it looks weird, it may be due to that.

EDIT-a picture of the dot may help. And the components....I would take apart mine, but I don't want to have to order another one. :/

I know about multimode. I'm trying to focus the lens using an LOC and an old 5mw diode, both get 2cm dot at 1 meter :(
do not take yours apart. mine has been taken by accident and I regret it :p

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
edit: Blord, IT WORKED! THANKS! :) (disassembled lens link)

Last edited:

MrDave

Thanks for all the information in this thread.

I wouldn't have disassembled my Dilda Lens (Aixis Glass) without having read this entire thread, first!

I have 10 empty Aixis 9mm (.5mm thread) modules on order, but now I've found there is an inside diameter about 6.1mm - 6.2mm for the two small lenses which makes these incompatible with a G1/G2 lens at 6.3mm without the proper machining work.

Thank goodness we have people around here like JayRob willing to do the work and sell us their completed upgrades!

Thanks for all the information in this thread.

I have 10 empty Aixis 9mm (.5mm thread) modules on order, but now I've found there is an inside diameter about 6.1mm - 6.2mm for the two small lenses which makes these incompatible with a G1/G2 lens at 6.3mm without the proper machining work.

The stock empty Aixiz lens housing will mount the G1 lens by using a quality 2-part epoxy.

Here is a photo from Jayrob showing the inside:

Glass%20405nm19.jpg

The threaded retaining ring is not used,
& the flat side would face the diode.

LarryDFW