Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Dilda V1 & Dilda V2 Review

erns

I purchased a Dilda V1 called the 200mW Red Pancratic Lens Laser from Kaidomain

I also purchased a Dilda V2 from O-Like called the New style 180~200mW red laser focusable.

I found about O-Like through reading various threads in Laser Pointer Forums  I should have purchased the Dilda V1 from O-Like but it was too late.

I'll start off with the Dilda V1, the 200mW Red Pancratic Lens Laser.

My Dilda V1 came in a case. The only other item received was a lanyard. I don't care for lanyards so I always remove them.

D200mW001Small.jpg

D200mW003Small.jpg

The head feels loose like everybody else has mentioned.

D200mW006Small.jpg

D200mW005Small.jpg

D200mW008Small.jpg

D200mW004Small.jpg

D200mW013Small.jpg

The threads feel smooth but they are loose.

D200mW011Small.jpg

Inside the battery tube.

D200mW049Small.jpg

The rear clickie is a forward clickie.

D200mW012Small.jpg

D200mW010Small.jpg

D200mW015Small.jpg

The Dilda V2, the New style 180~200mW red laser focusable.

The Dilda V2 came with a lanyard, 2 RCR2's and battey charger.

No warning labels.

D200mW018Small.jpg

D200mW039Small.jpg

D200mW040Small.jpg

The threads are not smooth. I put some lube on the threads but the threads are still not smooth. It has a smooth section then a very hard to turn section. It has smoothed out some but maybe if I work the head back and forth they might get better.

The threads are tighter than the Dida V1.

D200mW051Small.jpg

The head of the the Dilda V2 will not fit on the Dilda V1.

D200mW053Small.jpg

Uses 2 o-rings, did not come lubed.

D200mW027Small.jpg

D200mW028Small.jpg

These threads are located on the inside where the laser is located.

D200mW032Small.jpg

Inside the battery tube.

D200mWSmall.jpg

D200mW019Small.jpg

D200mW025Small.jpg

The rear clickie is a forward clickie.

D200mW050Small.jpg

D200mW054Small.jpg

Size comparisions of the Dilda V1 and the Dilda V2.

Top, Dilda V2.     Bottom, Dilda V1

D200mW043Small.jpg

Left, Dilda V2.     Right, Dilda V1

D200mW036Small.jpg

Left, Dilda V2.     Right, Dilda V1

D200mW041Small.jpg

---------------------------------------------------

Some laser beam shots.

The Dilda V2 is always on the left. Dilda V1 is always on the right.

D200mW045Small.jpg

D200mW046Small.jpg

D200mW047Small.jpg

D200mW048Small.jpg

D200mW034Small.jpg

D200mW035Small.jpg

Both the Dilda V1 and Dilda V2 can burn through black tape and light matches. That is all I tried so far.

I don't have a Laser Power Meter to take readings.

I did purchse one 120mW Calibrated Laser Power Meter Sensor Module (LS) from laserbee.  I still need to get some leads for my meter. I also have a ND filter and have to figure out how to use everything. I will add the readings once I figure everything out.

---------------------------------------------------

Pros

Cost is reasonable.

Both Dildas can use rechargeable lithiums.

The tighter thread action on the Dilda V2.

Both Dildas use forward clickies.

Dealing with O-like is very good. The communication was excellent. "More bang for the buck".

Cons

The Didla V1 head is on the loose side.

The Dilda V2 head thread action is not very smooth.

I wish both Dildas used Type III Hard Anodize on the finish.

Kaidomain charges more for the Dilda V1 than O-Like.

No lube on the 2 o-rings on the Dilda V2 battery tube.

No o-rings on both rear clickies. No grove cut for an o-ring

No o-ring on the Dilda V1 head. No groove cut for an o-ring.

FINALLY a great review comparing these two babies :D!

AWESOME macro pictures, thanks for the info!

Dear erns

For new style red laser 200mW http://www.o-like.com/b2b_cpinfo.asp?id=971, It is indeed tight and not smooth for focus head ,but it just happened of our first batch 50pcs production ,you know it is our first trial production and some hardwares are not mature . so front cap maybe a little tight . but now it is no problem at all . it is very smooth and comfortable to twist the adjustable front head . :)

Susie

erns

Susie,

Thanks for the explanation

The head is starting to loosen up but it's still not smooth. In time I think the more I twist the head it should loosen up.

Standstone11 said:
Dear erns

For new style red laser 200mW http://www.o-like.com/b2b_cpinfo.asp?id=971, It is indeed tight and not smooth for focus head ,but it just happened of our first batch 50pcs production ,you know it is our first trial production and some hardwares are not mature . so front cap maybe a little tight . but now it is no problem at all . it is very smooth and comfortable to twist the adjustable front head .  :)

Susie
Susie, Can you get the V2 as just the host with no module inside a price quote for this also if it doable. Thank you in advanced.

jander6442 said:
[quote author=Standstone11 link=1238641296/0#3 date=1238650402]Dear erns

For new style red laser 200mW http://www.o-like.com/b2b_cpinfo.asp?id=971, It is indeed tight and not smooth for focus head ,but it just happened of our first batch 50pcs production ,you know it is our first trial production and some hardwares are not mature . so front cap maybe a little tight . but now it is no problem at all . it is very smooth and comfortable to twist the adjustable front head .  :)

Susie
Susie, Can you get the V2 as just the host with no module inside a price quote for this also if it doable. Thank you in advanced.
[/quote]

Dear Jander ,

Actually we don't like to sell blank hosting only as it is new design and just put on the market . if you and LPF other members want to use ,I can help .but quantity should be over 200pcs . price is $10 without glass lens , and $15.00 with glass lens .

Cheers
Susie

Standstone11 said:
[quote author=jander6442 link=1238641296/0#5 date=1238677632][quote author=Standstone11 link=1238641296/0#3 date=1238650402]Dear erns

Susie
[/quote]

Dear Jander ,

Actually we don't like to sell blank hosting only as it is new design and just put on the market . if you and LPF other members want to use ,I can help .but quantity should be over 200pcs . price is $10 without glass lens , and $15.00 with glass lens .

Cheers
Susie
[/quote]That is a great price and would be a great host . Wish I had some pull around here this site is touch and go with this type of thing.Wish it had a polished look on second thought. Maybe Dave could pony up with those DEEP pocketz. ::)

the dilda v2 seems to have a smaller lense??or not' however good review........in the beamshoot the dilda v1 seems to be better focused. my only doubt is on the lense of the new dilda.. if it is smaller.. is more difficult to focus the point... or not?because the reaction .. turning the lense is more reactive and the focus point changes more rapidly. however... the v2 version is very nice to see.................... ;)

Hey, lucky...Yours came with o-rings on the head...

My battery charger was also missing a metal piece. (the one on the pull out piece that holds the batt in place on one side)

Oh well, I fixed both issues. Guess I should have went with the original dilda. And dear lord the infinity beam on the new dilda is fat as hell.

Nice review, nice pics*  :cool:
Any reason why you didn't unscrew the head so that you could take pics of the driver(s)? Were the host pieces glued together...?

@Lotus_Darkrose: what makes you feel that the V2 has more divergence than V1 if you don't have both...?

Off topic: erns, what photo gear are you working with? Most of my laser pics were taken with an "old" 350D (Rebel XT) and Canon's EF-S 60mm Macro. Of course I need to polish them up a bit before I'm done and I use Pshop for that.

I never said it has more. It was mainly a statement of how fat my beam is, not in comparison with anything in particular. I'll just say that my dilda has a whole milk beam and I'd like it more with like 2% beamfat. If it makes sense whatsoever to compare lasers with dairy  ;D

*And I said I should have went with the original dilda, because they've had it longer and I probably would have gotten all the parts I should have.

erns

I still have to figure out how to open the Dilda V2

The Dilda V1 was easy to open.

Dilda V1

D200mW001Small.jpg

D200mW004Small.jpg

D200mW003Small.jpg

D200mW002Small.jpg

BTW the camera I use is a Nikon D40.

My dilda v2 came unscrewed while focusing lol, very easily so i put teflon tape on the threads. looks like it comes apart the exact same way too.

erns

Do you mean it unscrewed with the board showing?

I can't see where to unscrew it.

D200mW027Small.jpg