Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

DFW Spring Fling, Saturday, May 14, 2011

You Guys Ready For Spring Fling LPF and CPF Get Together!!
Saturday, May 14, 2011
5:00 - 9:00 PM

Bring all of your lights, modified, customs, stock, parts, surplus, trades, LED, Incandescent, HID, drivers, lenses, antiques, headlamps, canister lights, diving lights, lasers, items for sale, items for trade, one offs, ect... (and don't forget your camera!)

Located at:
Veterans Park
2601 Spanish Trail,
Arlington, TX 76016
5:00 - 9:00 PM at the South Pavilion
Map.jpg

Much like the End of Summer get together, It's a outdoor pavilion with a nice landscape and distant objects to get some beamshots.

The entrance is roughly 2601 Spanish Trail, across the street from Cinnamon Park Cir.

GPS to the entrance: 32.700580, -97.162244
Here is a detailed view from Google
Detail.jpg

We'll decide what to do for food as the date approaches, I'm always up for ideas. State your interests in the thread, or feel free to PM me or email to Aircraft800[at]gmail[dot]com

jib77

Heck yeah! TX folks this is a must, last one was a blast. I plan on being there.

PS> Someone please bring a good LPM so I can calibrate my Gentec/Arduino LPM project. :D

Last edited:
Matt;

Sounds like a great Spring Fling.

Now, I have to finish all the projects I have working, by May 14th.

I will be there . . . with lots of new toys.

I have a 12X UV laser that I think you will appreciate.

LarryDFW

Last edited:
crapola I wish I lived closer :cryyy:

Hey maybe we should start a flamipyro plane ticket fund! Donations! Would you come then flaminpyro? how much it costs to fly here from where you are?

^^^ Well- I will play taxi for Jeff-to and from the airport!!!!

One thing Tho--its a long(7Hrs) drive for a 4 hour meet...

anybody got ideas for RGB laser shows to be displayed Friday?

I should have my lumia projector done by then and maybe my RGB too.

I have LPMs- scrims-fogger-mini sound system-147mWs of Argon ML- and big movie screen to bring-gas lasers to sell as well-SL Argon and a few red HeNes. --I went to SELEM last Aug and 2.5 days was not enough time--what do we do with the rest of Sat nite?? 9PM is early to me- but I underestand that the park prolly closes then.

MRWILLING(Austin) is up there and has a superfine DIY white laser projector- Displaser(Greg) is in Houston-- he has RGB2 and a Lumia too. Seems a shame to not try to help out the cause- Matt has done a good thing with the park pavillion so somebody else up thataway please step up and add to the meet.

Right now it may appear that there is a lot of time until May 14-but really its not that far off and organizing a bigger event takes a lot of time.

len:wave::thanks:

Last edited:
I went to SELEM last Aug and 2.5 days was not enough time--what do we do with the rest of Sat nite?? 9PM is early to me- but I underestand that the park prolly closes then.

We've never left the park before 11PM, but the gates close to new visitors. There's ways around that :evil:

Thats good to hear-- can we start a list of items being brought to sell or trade in this thread?

Thanks Matt for the organization work. Also do we send you some $$ to help with the costs? I chipped in on the last one but was unable to attend.

Thats good to hear-- can we start a list of items being brought to sell or trade in this thread?

Thanks Matt for the organization work.

I'll bring a few hosts, laser diodes, white & UV flashlights and lots of 18650 cells of course.

Everybody brings all their goodies and there always are some items traded or purchased.

Of course, the BarBQue is delicious.

LarryDFW

mmmmmKay

I too will have 18650(same prices as Larry-no more -no less) some 18650 & 16340 chargers- some lumina wheel set-ups, 405 reactive dyes, two Argon SL plug 'n play set-ups ,a few red HeNes w/ PS , generic warning stickers(just fill in the mW and nm), AixiZ supplies(glass lenses & lens mounts(MT) /blank modules etc) I can get ANY AixiZ in-stock item for you at a savings but I need to know your needs asap.

I will have somethng to throw in for the doorprize list and AixiZ MAY donate something too. AixiZ was very generous in donating to SELEM last Aug.

anybody wanting metering will have it done free of charge.

If anyone has space(and power) nearby for my mini camper(13ft) please let me know.

I plan to arrive Friday morn and stay til Sun. nite.

'party-on Garth!'

hakzaw

Thanks Matt for the organization work. Also do we send you some $$ to help with the costs? I chipped in on the last one but was unable to attend.

There is no cost involved this time, the south pavilion is first come first serve, so I'll get there early. We can arrange something if you want, I could get some bumper-stickers or some type of door prize, but have nothing in mind right now.

I was there at the small get together in fall but I'll be there for this meet as well. I am not nearly as much into lasers as many of you. Nothing to sell, nothing really to trade, but ill bring all my lasers flashlights and pocket knives as was brought last time. A low to medium power UV flashlight would be a cool thing to have though, may buy one if someone is selling.

It may not be a 'flashlight' but a good powered 405 laser with a beam expander may be what you are looking for.

btw guys that pavillion has no power-- anybody have a generator thay can bring????????

Anyone have a laser designator? The guys I work with want them for nighttime hog hunting, and want me to build a few. Is it a laser with a beam expander? Anyone have an example they can bring so I can get some ideas?

EDIT: I have a few builds with a green LED's with aspheric condenser lenses I hope to have done.

Last edited: