Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Delete

Re: FS: Guidesman Host Kits *Get entered into drawing with purchase!*

Nothing in hand. I've learned that pretty much all these lights that we use are most likely made in only a handful of Chinese factories. NOT like my 630 lumen Fenix TK40 that is on the way ;)

Nothing in hand. I've learned that pretty much all these lights that we use are most likely made in only a handful of Chinese factories. NOT like my 630 lumen Fenix TK40 that is on the way ;)

Do you have any specs for the size? Also, how much do you think it would sell for? I think it looks fine. I might not buy one just because I already have a Guidesman and I would want something that is completely different.

Nice, I've really wanted a TK35 personally. I just can't justify spending >$100 for a flashlight. Lasers on the other hand.... :whistle:

rhd

Hey Ray,

All joking aside, do you want me to go buy all of the ones they have next door?
They had black, silver, gray (silver is shiny, gray is matt, dark, like that ones you have)

Last time I was there they had maybe 30-ish on display. I could ask if they had any others and literally buy every single one of them. They're $5 each, plus whatever it costs to ship from Canada out to you.

This seems like an incredibly inefficient way to do it - but who knows.

Cheers

Do you have any specs for the size? Also, how much do you think it would sell for? I think it looks fine. I might not buy one just because I already have a Guidesman and I would want something that is completely different.

Nice, I've really wanted a TK35 personally. I just can't justify spending >$100 for a flashlight. Lasers on the other hand.... :whistle:

Yes, it's a decent amount of money. But I am going to try to use it at work, if it isn't too bright. I am an auto technician, a $150 flashlight is reasonable when you got another $80,000 in tooling sitting inside of a big red box ;)

Hey Ray,

All joking aside, do you want me to go buy all of the ones they have next door?
They had black, silver, gray (silver is shiny, gray is matt, dark, like that ones you have)

Last time I was there they had maybe 30-ish on display. I could ask if they had any others and literally buy every single one of them. They're $5 each, plus whatever it costs to ship from Canada out to you.

This seems like an incredibly inefficient way to do it - but who knows.

Cheers

HA, thanks bud, you're a good friend. I'll keep ya in the loop. I don't want to get anyone scared that these are going to disappear. I am sure my supplier will continue to stock them. After doing a lot of digging, I found the UPC # has been active since 2007. It's just good to have a backup plan so I don't let any of my friends here down.

Re: FS: Guidesman Host Kits & DRIVER Heatsinks

I'd like to use this host for a 445nm build...

I'm having trouble sourcing a Flexdrive v5 and not sure that a micro-flexdrive will be easy to heatsink.

What kind of driver will fit this host? Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Does anyone know if the Flexmod P3 would fit this host?

rhd

..."Flexdrive V5" and "Micro-Flexdrive" are one and the same... no?

With a guidesman, I'd always DIY your own DDL circuit. Lots of room, no reason not to, almost unlimited current options, and the ability to use 2x 16340s - recipe for success.

First off, thanks for the advice. I'm thinking your right, that the V5 and Micro are the same thing.

Further research will be required for me to fully understand the DIY style DDL circuit driver. I was just trying to be lazy and use a pre-made driver, as I thought it would be more reliable. It should be no problem for me to solder it up, surely there is plenty of info around here to help figure out the circuit.

Re: Guidesman Host Kits (with Polished HS Option) & DRIVER Heatsinks *FREE POLISHING*

ALL kits purchased before April 2 will receive a free front surface polishing of the heatsink. Please do not use the polished heatsink purchase link until after April 2!

Re: Guidesman Host Kits (with Polished HS Option) & DRIVER Heatsinks *FREE POLISHING*

Just wanted to say "thank you!" I got the Silver host today, and I agree with everyone else here, it's simply beautiful! I can't wait to assemble my laser this weekend! Thanks again so much =D

Rolando thanks for the compliment. If you think that is beautiful, just wait until you've purchased one of my kits with the polished heatsink. They look like they've been dipped in chrome. You will really like them!!

With Midterms and Finals just around the corner I don't want to distract myself with too many pretty lasers haha. But by the end of next month I'll be done, and be sure that from my past purchase experience I'm more than likely to purchase from you again! Thanks again =D

Let's have some fun. Next FIVE kits come with free polishing and a driver heatsink. HURRY, it won't last long!

rhd

Oh wow - those are going to go fast!

I really wish I needed some guidesmen right now.

How many left?

Left? I always have them in stock :beer:
ORDER AWAY!!

have any left?
please respond.
thanks