Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Delete

Re: FS: Guidesman Host Kits, $22

GIVEAWAY OFFER!

Anyone who buys one of my kits between now and March 20 will be entered in to a drawing. Entries will be tracked by paypal payments received. Each purchase that you make between now and then will enter you one time. If you make five purchases, you will be entered five times. Each entrants name will be assigned a number, one number for each purchase. I will use a random number generator to select a winner who will receive a free Guidesman host kit.

I hate you because my money loves you.... I just need more more of it before I can work on another build.... haha

Re: FS: Guidesman Host Kits *ON SALE this week**Get entered into drawing with purcha

No problem, you have all a whole month as of yesterday to get entered. BUT, you've only got until SUNDAY to get it at the discounted price..so hurry!

Re: FS: Guidesman Host Kits *ON SALE this week**Get entered into drawing with purcha

I'm new at this, so please forgive any thing that offends.
I recently got a Guidesman from Matt and am tryint to build a Blu-Ray using a (I think) O-Likt driver (it's for a 445nM and promisses 1W capacity, with a spring for Negative driver inpit), but the driver alone goes in the heat sink and ends up flush with the outside of the sink ( no room to put the diode and axaiz lense/diode holder in the sink). I either need come up with a mod of the axaiz, get a new driver, or alter the contact ares in the heatsink end of the switch. Can you, or Matt, or anybody else out there, post a tutorial on hor to remove/mod the switch assembly?

I'm new at this, so please forgive any thing that offends.
I recently got a Guidesman from Matt and am tryint to build a Blu-Ray using a (I think) O-Likt driver (it's for a 445nM and promisses 1W capacity, with a spring for Negative driver inpit), but the driver alone goes in the heat sink and ends up flush with the outside of the sink ( no room to put the diode and axaiz lense/diode holder in the sink). I either need come up with a mod of the axaiz, get a new driver, or alter the contact ares in the heatsink end of the switch. Can you, or Matt, or anybody else out there, post a tutorial on hor to remove/mod the switch assembly?

Try searching the forums here for "guidesman" and you should be able to find some useful threads. If you can't find an answer after doing some research, then I would suggest making a new thread and posting some pictures of the problem.

Since I'm in a good mood tonight so here's a free tip.

If your host came with that round plastic "donut" on top of the positive contact pop it out with a small screwdriver. Bend up the positive contact and pull the plastic spacer out with some needle nose pliers.

You can easily mod it to fit a driver in it. I've posted two build threads in the Violet/BR forum showing how I fit a flexdrive in one and a LM317 driver in the other (this was actually a hotlights host but it's made by the same company and has the same spacer). I'm not going to link them because I'm too lazy to find them.

No one wants to get entered in the drawing?! ;)

I do but every time I think about ordering one my wallet climbs out of my pocket and slaps me upside the noggin. I may be referring a friend your way soonish if he decided he wants me to help him build instead of buy.

CCARBONI @ ******************.... ---- You did not specify a color in the message box. I will be sending you a silver guidesman unless you contact me and let me know otherwise.

Everyone please, when ordering through paypal checkout link, specify a color. This makes it easier for me so I do not have to try to track you down without knowing your forum name, and ensures you get what you want! It's all about making everyone happy :beer:

Just a friendly reminder that the price will go back to $22 Sunday night. There is still plenty of time to get entered in to the free raffle though.

EDIT: Jake, I just thought about it and think there may be a misunderstanding. I want to make clear that the picture of the black and the silver unit is just to show the host design. These will ALWAYS be in stock. Whatever you want, just say so.

Last edited:
Re: FS: Guidesman Host Kits *Get entered into drawing with purchase!*

So far everyones chances in the drawing are looking really good. So go ahead, don't be afraid to jump aboard!

jakeGT

so do you have the big silver guidesman still?

I have all colors in stock ready to go. That's black, silver/grey (color blind ;)) and red.

jakeGT

whats red look like? got a pic?

No I do not. Look back to earlier in the thread and you'll see rhd posted one.

rhd

Wait - does this mean that I'm the only one with a true silver guidesman ? :)
I feel extra special now!

(On the farthest right)
31602d1298482993-triple-silver-guidesman-diy-1650ma-lm1117-build-all.jpg

jakeGT

hey bub, I'm trying to order your red guidesman, can't get a hold of ya, and when I go to PP it says it's still $22, how do I get the discounted price?