Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

DealExtreme... What the Frak?

Hey everyone.

So on December 10th, I purchased five lights for the purpose of checkin' em out and modding them into lasers (maybe). The purchase, in all, was $74.51 (not cheap flashlights).

Anyway, the order I made was:

UltraFire P10-R5 Cree XP-G-R5 5-Mode 350-Lumen Memory LED Flashlight (1*18650) - Free Shipping - DealExtreme

OEM Car Cigarette Lighter Socket Rechargeable 0.5W 28-Lumen Mini LED Flashlight - Free Shipping - DealExtreme

SIPIK HK22 1-AA Cree Q3-WC 3-Mode 130-Lumen White LED Flashlight with Strap (1*AA) - Free Shipping - DealExtreme

TrustFire S-A6 Cree XP-E Q4 5-Mode 180-Lumen Memory LED Flashlight with Neckchain (1*AAA/1*10440) - Free Shipping - DealExtreme

MXDL SA-38 230LM 3-Mode White LED Flashlight w/ Bike Mount Holder (1 x 18650/3 x AAA) - Free Shipping - DealExtreme

Anyway, the long and short of it is that they haven't even shipped the order yet. The only one that is out of stock is the one in the US warehouse, and they even said that, if that one was out of stock, they would ship it from the Hong Kong warehouse.

Now, it's January 14th, and the PayPal dispute deadline is approaching.

The question is, do I file a dispute now and demand either an immediate shipment or a full refund + 25% or something (for holding onto my money for over a month without shipping...), or do I wait it out? I have never heard of DX never shipping anything, but this is ridiculous. The problem with filing a dispute is that I think they may just give me a refund and then be done with me, when they were holding onto my money for over a month, which isn't okay. I either want my package soon or more money back than I lent them... I don't really want to wait another month or so.

Anyway, what do you guys suggest?

Blord

I would ask for a full refund. Chinese holidays are approaching and the traffic will be very busy. Wait after the holidays and order them again. Maybe several smaller orders will handle faster, you don't have to pay the shipping cost anyway.

Drew

After about a month they usually ship the stuff they have and send you a little card saying which items will be sent on a different shipment. I've ordered TONS of stuff from them and never gotten screwed over (except by low quality which is expected for the prices). Several times I've been waiting ages just because one item is out of stock. Delays compound when you're dealing with dropshippers.

P.S. I waited 3 months for a torx T-5 screwdriver from them once, that was the worst. It showed up though, and It was like $1.42 or something

chinese new year is like jan 15th through 28th i think?
somewhere in that area, it's ridiculous. Get back to work you lazy chinese slave laborer!

DX is always slow when i order from them.
A lot of times tmart.com costs more, but ships from us warehouses and you get it fast (however, my last ordered from them came from china) .
Priceangels.com is normally pretty cheap and they ship pretty quick as well.

for bulk orders i normally hit up 3 or 4 different places and talking each of them lower, sending screenshots of new offers by other chinese sellers until i finally reach the rock bottom price.

Last edited:
Bottom line: if you haven't received anything by the date the PayPal dispute window will expire, file a dispute. You can always cancel the dispute later on if it arrives, and you have some time before you must escalate it to a claim.

Stix62

Thats an easy one,,,open a dispute for a refund NOW. Dont wait any longer.

Lets say you get an email in 5 minutes saying your order has been dispatched and you decide to wait. You've only got 10 days to open a dispute and I'm guessing you're expecting it to take a little longer than that to travel from China. If it 'gets lost in the post' there will be nothing you can do about it. Cover your back,, Don't let the time run out.

I know that DX says when you place an Order its best to place 2 separate order if you are order from HK and there US Warhorse. This could be the confusion. "You know that the littlest thing can take them forever to figure out.":(

Its Only been a bit over 1 month. Thats nothing according to my shipping times with them Which is normally ~ 1 month for them to ship the items then 2 weeks to get.

They have never stiffed me. I have always gotten my orders from DX. I have always been treated Extremely Well with them. If I tell them iam missing an Item, 3 days later there will be a package out to me with tracking.

Have you contacted them yet.? Doesn't seem like it. I would do that first before filing a dispute.

Most people would say that a good estimate on receiving items from DX is ~1 month +/- 1 Week. Some places takes longer or less. Some packages have taken up to 2 months to get to me. Never more then that. I will have to find the link on there forum but this was posted on there forum.

I dont think a dispute is Necessary with DX. However this is my Opinion and my Experience with them and trust them enough to say that. You might feel different. They will refund you at your request. So I would say contact them and see whats the hold up is. If you are unhappy with there response and what they have to offer or if you dont want to wait it out then just ask for a refund.:)

I have learned my lesson and pay the extra 25$-$30 for EMS shipping from DX. Although they still take 3 weeks to get to me, I know it will be no more then that where i live.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 22482

All my 100+ orders from DealExtreme has got to me except for one, that has been in backorder for over a year now. I don't think they are thinking about restocking that item, but I'm gonna let them keep those $2 since I don't even bother sending them an e-mail for that amount, but they usually ship soon. What I do is for example if I want 10 items, I split them up into 5-10 orders of 1/2 items, this way they often send it quicker. (And the chance to pay tax is lesser also)

I tried contacting them and to no avail. But, I may not have gone through the right avenues. Anyway, I will try contacting them again. I have decided against disputes, because I have always done good business with them as well... this is a first though. Anyway, going to try to contact them.

Benm

The must remedy this problem, obviously.

For the future, i would reccommend making an order of each individual unit as shipping is free. This does not proclude them from sending your products in one package, but it does negate the excuse for a gross delay like this because one product is out of stock.

In fact, it may still be useful to cancel your standing order and re-order the products individually. This may seem silly, but in highly automated systems like dx's this sometimes helps.

So I finally got to live chat with DX. Apparently, because the US Warehouse was out of stock, they had to wait to ship the HK part of the order as well. As per "Dawn," I will have a tracking number tomorrow or the next day.

Glad to hear it worked out for you. I trust DX, but yeah, I've had stuff take a month or more to ship.

That specific order did eventually ship, but I learned my lesson: as Benm suggested, I'll always make multiple separate orders so that items are shipped out as they are stocked/found. They can pay for all that extra "free" shipping as a result.

Last edited: