Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Dark Horse Customs....

this guy is freakin awesome with aluminum, a lathe, and a challenge. ive ordered a few of his heatsinks so far and have been nothing but happy with all the great work he does. every1 that bought a sonar case knows about the nice fitting heatsinks he made for those so i sent him a few hosts to have heatsinks made and posting pics below of the results.

p.s. the scratches on the hs were caused by me. when i got them they looked like they just came off the lathe.

this hs was made to fit a coleman max led flashlight. this one was made to take 2xcr2 batts but while modifying it it became a 1xaa

these pics show the nice tight fit

this is another coleman led flashlight. 3xaaa size

Dark Horse is amazing with the lathe... Even though I have no clue how hard it is to use one, I can say that the Sonar Heatsink was picture perfect! [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

Post 300!

lavadrive v1 on the red. ddl style driver inside module on the br.

"mini" ddl style driver...

the blu ray build looks really cool. nice work Drew and Barry (aka Dark Horse) :cool:

im going to update this thread soon with another heatsink made by DH. before he shipped the hs to me i sold the host to a friend so im waiting on a replacement host. the heatsink is for the ultrafire c3 host from dx:

http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.11133

ill have to update when the host and my drivers get here but the heatsink is very nice solid aluminum and anodized black with 2 set screws to hold the module. im looking forward to getting the host and driver to finish this build. :) thanks DH for the great machine work you have done with all the sinks ive gotten from you. ;)

heres the pics of the sink:

I agree Drew, give Barry a chunk of AL., a lathe, & a host & in no time he'll have you the nicest heatsink you could want, regardless of how difficult it is to fabricate. He is truly a MASTER CRAFTSMAN on the lathe ;) rob :cool:

Thanks,
You will really like that little host, I have made several in 405,650 and 532, (with a different HS).

phoenix77 said:
I agree Drew, give Barry a chunk of AL., a lathe, & a host & in no time he'll have you the nicest heatsink you could want, regardless of how difficult it is to fabricate. He is truly a MASTER CRAFTSMAN on the lathe ;)     rob :cool:
Rob,
I recieved your project today, that thing is really big :eek: Should make a fine host, what is it?

i finally got my replacement ultrafire c3 today so i thought id share pics and show off yet another dark-horse heatsink. ;) its made from solid aluminum like always but this one was actually anodized black and looked nice. i stripped the components of the pcb that came in the flashlight and used it for my contact for the battery and the ground. you can see from the pics that the design he made for this heatsink works well, comes out looking clean and fits very well. it took less than an hour to assemble once i got the flashlight. :) this has been one of the easiest builds ive done so far thanks to DH's ingenuity with a cnc machine. i was worried that i would somehow have to modify it to make it stable and work right but i put it together and its worked perfect every since. its got a lavadrive v2(see pics) set at 400ma putting out 250mw.

fit pic #1

fit pic #2

set screws/heatsink

back pic of heatsink

assembled module, driver and pcb(removed from flashlight)

heatsink together with driver,module, pcb assembly

all parts before assembly

pic of completed host

Nice work Drew! Thanks for the nice words :)
Next you will want some other colors though ;)
DH

Attachments

• NEST_OF_SLIVERS.jpg
    NEST_OF_SLIVERS.jpg
    176 KB · Views: 371
this is an amazing setup, one of the cleanest I've seen. If i had the money i would definitely look into one of these.

Dark horse rocks! He made me a heatsink for my Hellfire X-11 flashlight. Excellent craftsmenship!, and fast turn-around time! I can interchange the flashlight lamp assembly and LD assembly at will  :D

Attachments

• IMG_2793_Small.JPG
    IMG_2793_Small.JPG
    43.4 KB · Views: 387
Lets not forget Dark Horse's anodizing skills. Barry is a true artist and can make your plain host or heat sink into a one of a kind work of art. The finish on my host is so smooth it almost looks like glass. It's truly one of a kind. If you are looking to make your cheap host look like a show piece, or just adding that extra touch to your high end laser, Barry is the man that can make it happen.

23310d1253087517-host-question-answer-please-img_3142.jpg