Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

DAoO LASERMASTER 2.2W Beast "NOT EVEN CLOSE" SCAM

LaZeRz

Re: DAOO/LASERMASTER 2.2W Beast "NOT"

Add an oring to the heatsink?

He is now a member here but he was a member and bought it over on the hack forums where I think DAoO is selling them now. Maybe somebody will link this to any threads he has over there.;)

I would seriously ask your scammed by DAoO customer
to post a link on HackForums back to this Thread..

BTW... I like your methodical testing style...;)

EDIT...
I thought you would get a chuckle from this....:crackup:

I just saw this posted by DAoO on another Forum when
asked how long his Lasers will last..

They will last for tens of years if you use them PROPERLY at ALL times

These are built to last using only the highest quality components and heatsinks (DIRECT PRESS COPPER DIODE SOCKETS IN THE HEATSINKS FOR THE BEST HEAT TRANSFER POSSIBLE)

Jerry

Last edited:

DTR

I would seriously ask your scammed by DAoO customer
to post a link on HackForums back to this Thread..

BTW... I like your methodical testing style...;)

EDIT...
I thought you would get a chuckle from this....:crackup:

I just saw this posted by DAoO on another Forum when
asked how long his Lasers will last..

Jerry

Do you have the link so I can get a link to this thread placed over there.:beer:

The diode is blown and the heatsink does not fit so I am left with telling this guy he has a $12 flashlight host, a $10 lens, a $5 driver and $10 worth of batteries.:yabbem:

The heatsink is a copper direct press head so I assume it came from that group buy a while back. I am hesitant to just order another heatsink for it as this host is probably out of spec which is why this heatsink does not fit in the first place.:(

From what you are saying it doesn't sound like he swapped the o-rings to make that heatsink fit. You need to swap a larger o-ring from the host to the retaining ring. They are done like that to compensate for inconsistencies in the host, it's a lot easier to compress an o-ring than aluminum or copper!

IMG_20110712_214109.jpg

If you still have it, try this.

DTR

Yes I am aware that I can use an o-ring but I don't like to as it just reduces the amount of direct contact with the host body further insulating the heatsink. I had a few C6's I built in the past that I had to use an o-ring but decided I did not like it and sent the host and sinks back to have them fit properly with just the retaining ring. But I was going to offer him that.;)

Yes I am aware that I can use an o-ring but I don't like to as it just reduces the amount of direct contact with the host body further insulating the heatsink. I had a few C6's I built in the past that I had to use an o-ring but decided I did not like it and sent the host and sinks back to have them fit properly with just the retaining ring. But I was going to offer him that.;)

It doesn't make much difference if the heatsink is not in direct contact to the body.. The way this is built is not meant to be run for >30 seconds each time anyway. That should provide an nice lifetime for the diode.

Last edited:

DTR

Yep I plan on offering to fix it that way for him.

mfo

Wow. I really hope that Tyler dies, and I'm not joking. I literally hope he gets hit by a fucking car and dies.

DTR

This guy is a BIG TIME SCAMMER, I sent him $50 in the mail via USPS in 4 envelopes which he says "got lost", really 4 pieces of mail that all happen to have money in them going to you? And then once I received my laser, after sending ANOTHER $100 VIA AlertPay, it won't even light a match! It is a 400mW Blu-Ray and it can't light a match, and it takes about 7 or 8 sec to pop a BLACK BALLOON! I need a LPM for this, this is pissing me off.

If you want to send it to me I will LPM it and do another review on it.;)

DTR

LASERMASTER said:
Woooow lpf sure loves to thrash sales threads don't they.

would you like me to start spamming your threads DTR? you don't even f******** know me.

keep it up and i'll never leave you alone ;)

You dont see me giving you a hard time do you?

no you dont. so grow the f*** up.

Just because one persons laser isnt burning right doesnt mean i scammed them. EVERY single laser has a warranty, if they have an issue with it they can send it to me and i'll fix it. i've made that VERY well known.

so DTR, act like an adult, do you, and i'll do me.

until then, piss off.

thread closed.

(Today 03:26 PM)KhA0TiC Wrote: I was thinking about buying one... Until i saw this http://laserpointerforums.com/f63/daoo-l...67019.html

Can you explain this?

Theres also a lot of people saying that you scammed them. Can't really trust you.

and i know now for a FACT thats not one of my lasers, there are NO security stickers on it, or residue from them being removed.

good try, EVERY single laser i sell has 1-2 security stickers on it JUST like yobresal's lasers

almost! but not quite losers ;)

Since you closed your own thread after your response so I could not reply I felt that I should at least respond(to the items that aren't just childish temper tantrums) here.

This thread was not about the laser being broken. I don't know how it broke or nor do I care. It is what was included in the package. There was a 1.2A driver and an Aixiz glass lens in the host. It is not possible to even come close to your advertised specs with that hardware. Maybe half of what was advertised.

The unit already had the tamper sticker removed when I received it but I could tell that there was one there by the glue showing on the head and body.

p1017690.jpg

I just read his Thread...
Instead of responding like an innocent person with logical
reasoning... he spews out tough guy BS like a Guilty seller
that he is...

He has now closed the Thread so no one can question his
unethical selling practices and crappy builds and has probably
slithered back under his rock to hide...

Jerry

Last edited:

Blord

Yep I plan on offering to fix it that way for him.

You can wrap some aluminium foil around the sink and press the sink into the host. That way it makes a firm thermal contact with the host.

c6heatsink.jpg

daguin

From what you are saying it doesn't sound like he swapped the o-rings to make that heatsink fit. You need to swap a larger o-ring from the host to the retaining ring. They are done like that to compensate for inconsistencies in the host, it's a lot easier to compress an o-ring than aluminum or copper!

IMG_20110712_214109.jpg

If you still have it, try this.

Just a quick threadjack. I got one of these in a trade. I was wondering what I was going to have to do to make the heat sink secure in the host. Having never bought one of these, I never heard this before.

Peace,
dave