Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Custom LPC-826 Laser

To be honest pushing these diodes hard isn't a big deal! I could blow it tomorrow and just buy another, there like the cheapest diode out there! I've currently got over $1000 in diodes alone so $10 isn't going to bug me much.

Last edited:

NKO29

yeah they are awesomely cheap lol! but i'd rather not have to remove, resolder and it's more safe :) have u got any m140s that i could buy?

Hey willis maybe you should hit up Lazeerer. Ask him about his 650nm LFL lens. Its one of the best lenses I have ever used (it even makes ugly mitsus look a little nicer). On a single mode the divergence is far better than that of any other lens I have tested and the output is about 10% lower than an acrylic.

BTW, that heatsink is sick. It looks really cool behind the cutouts in the host.

Last edited:
Wonderful build and beautiful laser! Congratulations, A!

I too run my 826 pretty hard @ 500mA. So far, so good!

Blord

The laser is looking great. That ribbed heatsink and GITD rings are a nice cache.

AnthoT

That's a great looking laser :D LPC's are great imo, not too pricey but still nice especially in host like this :beer:

IsaacT

Very nice build! Only thing I probably wouldn't do on it is keep the back O-Ring. It comes out square because of the gaps behind it.

But awesome build, love the heatsink design!!

Awesome glow in the darks!

btw what host is that, never seen before xD

:beer: