Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Custom 900 Lumen Maglite - Made to order - Sell or Trade

I charge $300 for the triple P7 Maglite without batteries/charger. And that is a very generous price considering each P7 LED costs $25 a piece.

you will need 4-5 lithium ion cells to power it. I have used four AW 26500 cells.

:D

OK 2700 lumen sounds interesting, you say your being generous because each LED costs $25 each, so $25 x 3 = $75, that leaves $225 which is for the driver, heatsink and assembly??

Your charging $150.00 with one P7, so; $25 for the P7 which leaves $125 for driver, heatsink and assembly.

Yet two additional P7's doubles the price? seems like $100 got lost somewhere; just asking, it's not a Laser.
I do have a few high powered flashlights, but this is a Laser Forum and I was surprised to see this post here. I'd jump over to CPF if I were you.

OK 2700 lumen sounds interesting, you say your being generous because each LED costs $25 each, so $25 x 3 = $75, that leaves $225 which is for the driver, heatsink and assembly??

Your charging $150.00 with one P7, so; $25 for the P7 which leaves $125 for driver, heatsink and assembly.

Yet two additional P7's doubles the price? seems like $100 got lost somewhere; just asking, it's not a Laser.
I do have a few high powered flashlights, but this is a Laser Forum and I was surprised to see this post here. I'd jump over to CPF if I were you.

Please allow me to elaborate. I was unclear to the reasons why the triple P7 is costly.

Yes, P7's are expensive, but what else is expensive is the custom heatsink and driver. Not to mention the hours of labor of putting it together. A triple P7 Maglite takes more than three times longer than a sinlge P7 Maglite.

I want one I just dont wanna put that much down!

I'm still interested in you offer if you can provide manufacturer name and model, and pictures of laser(s)

Last edited:
I have a red laser outputting 305mW with a jayrob G1, and about 240mW with an acryilic lens. Would you be willing to trade a triple p7 for it?

G

genius5th

Got mine!

I got my 2D maglite with P7 glass lens 3C batteries today. Very Impressed with the workmanship. Weighs about the same as my stock 2D but it is super bright. I love the program modes. Pics below. Thanks so much Antimony Trioxide

Jeff

Attachments

• light 002.JPG
    light 002.JPG
    80 KB · Views: 1,567
  • light 001.JPG
    light 001.JPG
    80 KB · Views: 659
  • light 003.JPG
    light 003.JPG
    49.5 KB · Views: 1,076
Noob question, will the set stuff on fire like the Wicked Lasers torch?

PS: Your name.....is completely badass

I have not tried to light anything with it; I don't think it will. It can though if you use a magnifying glass or some other type of curved glass.

The reason why the "Torch" is capable of burning is because it uses a 100w incandescent bulb. Incandescent bulbs emit 98% heat, and only 2% light (40lm per watt in this case). All that wasted heat energy has to go somewhere. Also the light itself gets really hot, so hot it literally becomes uncomfortable holding after a while. Another downside to "the Torch" is the laughable 10-15 minute runtime, and a life expectancy of only 10 hours. The Torch is just a record holder, not really designed to be a practical day-to-day flashlight. I think Wicked Lasers should stick to making lasers.... You don't see Maglite trying to make lasers.

The LED in my custom 900lm Maglite is very efficient; 90lm per watt. And the batteries last 90 minutes on standard D cells; they can last even longer than 2 hours if you use rechargeable D cells. Also the life expectancy of the LED is 30,000 hours. And the Maglite is just as durable as a stock one. you can literally smash it onto concrete while its on, and it wont flicker. I'll try to get a video up soon.

And as far as my name, thanks! I thought its cool too :cool:

Last edited:
I've got a few SSC P7 lights, and I just wanted to testify - without having actually dealt with Antimony Trioxide's specific builds, the P7 is one hell of an impressive emitter.

Besides lasers I'm a huge collector of high output LED lights, starting with Surefire Luxeon 5 lights back in the day, to Cree MC-E and SSC P7 lights most recently.

If anyone here hasn't gotten into the flashlight side of things, from what I can tell, these lights have real impressive potential. A lot of people like the substantial size of maglite's "host", but so far, Mag's LED solutions, (while getting better, using Luxeon Rebels recently) - are rather pathetic compared to what is being done in the high flux LED field, and what Antimony is doing here.

I absolutely have my eye on that 6D build. Awesome. Just wanted to throw my hat in the ring here, as someone who probably has over 200 LED flashlights. This is a great build and a good buy.

Someone should post a picture of the flashlight shining on a wall next to a laser dot and tell what the power of the laser is.

Would consider it!

BUMP

Also, I'm willing to trade for a 445nm blue pen. I already purchased the arctic.