Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Credit Cards and Bluray

I was just reading on Wikipedia, as you do, and I read something about credit cards showing up extra stuff under UV light. So I whipped out a blu-ray, defocused it and shined it over my Visa, and sure enough there were lots of symbols and cool things I couldn't see otherwise.

Try it! :)

ofekgg

I did it after reading in wikipedia a while ago..
this blue-ray color is amazing!

mkdive

My chase card = (a large letter C & largre letter M)
my BofA cards = nothing front or back
AE (could see some stuff front & back)
Discover (front image)
Cap one (had front image)

Also try drivers license!

My visa has a white V on the front and the word VISA in the signature strip on the back

I had heard of this before, but i forgot before i could try it :p I'll try it now before i forget again :D

this is pretty cool i'm now checking all my cards :yh:
i wonder if my passport has anything :whistle:

Yeah, I checked my passport as well. Nothing too exciting, it just had random little fragments of stuff throughout it. US passports might be something else though!

On my VISA card, the bluray revealed a bird in flight on the front of the card. Interesting thread here !

D

Deleted member 8382

money, passports, identification cards, visas... There's a lot of hidden stuff everywhere!

Cool, I think everyone should post up pictures of the cool things the blu-ray was showing on their passports and credit cards!

And like... your social security number... :whistle:

just dont use them to look at bed sheets at a hotel, I dont think i wanna know whats hiding in there