Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

Buy Site Supporter Role (remove some ads) | LPF Donations

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery | Browser Hide by Avery

Confirmed CNI GB [CLOSED---PAYMENT]

Re: Confirmed CNI GB [End 14 June 2013]

What is it you don't like about the III-C hosts? I personally hate the look of the III-M hosts myself...haven't seen the III-A hosts though.

Yeah, I'm only interested if we can get the 10+ discount :\

yeah I'm in that boat... With 9 people I think CNI would do it. Lemme make my sig more interesting for the 671nm

We ONLY have 2 weeks left, probably won;t happen ;)

But more passive motivation is a good step either way right?

I guess I'm really just not a wavelength guy, or at least the only ones I appreciate are 405, UV, and infrared for their wavelength properties. What in the world does a 671nm offer that a 650 or 638 doesn't?

CNI's divergence, or lack thereof is my reason for wanting this one. Dunno if you ordered from CNI, but my 589nm barely diverges at all.

Na this is my first CNI. I hear they are really good quality and I'm pretty excited about getting one for such a good price. Hopefully they come in before the 4th.

Last edited:

I'm pretty sure it will only take one 16340, but a shorter battery life doesn't bother me one bit. (knock on wood)

Aside from that, it's a wavelength I don't own. So I pretty much have to get it. It's a deeper red. Read through Aryntha's review for a good breakdown, and some pictures, it's posted SEVERAL times throughout this thread.

What is your 685nm like? I bet it is so dark! Sorry for off topic :p

I need a farking time machine STAT!

Again, a deep red. When I see it unfocused, I immediately think "dry". Something about it just says dry red, though that makes no sense. It's a pure red, it makes 650 look like a red violet crayon in a way.

My camera makes 650 look like a red violet crayon, too! It is what irritates me about taking pictures of it.

Thanks,
Isaac

It's hard for me to describe red from each other. I've seen so many wavelengths past 600 that it's hard to differentiate really, half of my spectrum is >600nm! They are look very similar. Greens and yellows are very different with 10nm, but red, that's a whole other animal.

Last edited:

Back