Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Coming soon: Custom hosts

| Custom Hosts

I'd say in probably a month or so I'll have enough equipment + time to be able to start making laser hosts, and I've been making some practice hosts and heatsinks just for experience. One of them (The pocket host, smallest one) was from my most recent thread, and a member had interest in but it since it was just a concept build I'm finishing it up for him and selling it for a lower price than I usually would.

Here's a few makes I whipped up, the full hosts are uni-body and crafted from one piece of aluminum and the big 2" dia heatsink will have a body some time later.

aca6md.jpg

1zi002.jpg

----------------------------------------------------------

Here they are individually (if anyone wants to see full res lemme know):
efhz5i.jpg

Takes 1*18650 or 2* 18350s, will have a on/off tail switch
Hard to see on camera, but the black is carbon fiber

20jmhbt.jpg

This thing's a huge chunk of metal, 2" diameter of (mostly) solid alu!

a4si07.jpg

Here's the pocket laser I'm working on for a member who had interest, takes 1*10440

Let me know if you guys want any specific designs, I'm very open to recommendations and will be able to create custom jobs. I can make room and platforms for those of you who like your fancy optics. No job is too big or too small.

Well actually that's a lie. I can't do anything bigger than 2*18650 or smaller than 1*10220 atm :p However I might be able to do those giant 32650 batteries in a couple months.

-E.P.

I cannot wait to see what you create man! It feels so good to have some people step up and start making some nice hosts/heatsinks again :D Good luck with all your endeavors and best wishes to you!

Thanks a bunch guys, I need to think of something creative to add to my hosts, but as a start I'm pleased with what I have. I'm going to put in a bit more work before I start selling anything. :yh:

Encap

Good news!

Nice of you to offer to do for member needing hosts--is a very needed service.

We lost a few of the good host makers in the past year.

Good luck--looking forward to se seeing what you come up with.

Last edited:

94Z28

I guess electric will be seeing a good chunk of a couple coming paychecks I've been waiting for this.

BobMc

I'm the member that bought the mini host. Planning on put a mit 500 in it from dtr with the driver board attached. If everything goes as planned it should be my third build,I am planning on taking lots of pictures of the build and posting them whether I crash and burn or succeed. But it's still a couple of weeks away so in running everything over and over in my head. That new host sure is a beauty! You never know!

Last edited:
I know people will love having host options, and for us 3 x 26650 builders if you made tops to fit C-cell and D-cell Maglite battery tubes that would work for 26650 and 36650 cells with simply a home made battery spacer.

Good luck, I think people will enjoy having a ready made host option. :)

Thanks for the good words, as I was PMing BobMc I had given him a sneak peek on what I've been working on in the background as I get everything together, here's a 2* 18650 body I made for the massive 2" heatsink in the OP:

rvln9x.jpg

11m3kh1.jpg

RCB, you lost me at "tops," did you mean heatsinks? I can do up to 2.5" thick metal for a heatsink, which will look good with a body for those brute batteries. Not sure if I'd be willing to do that big as often though, maybe as a special order but it's stressful for my equipment and I'd imagine would eat through a good chunk of sandpaper.

Last edited:

Cel

Nice potato mashers, EP :D

Seriously, they look great. There is plenty of time to evolve the designs, e.g. side switch, indicator LEDs, ...

The heatsinks take standard 12mm modules, right?

Thanks Cel. These things will mash potatoes quite nicely if I may add :p

Yes, DTR's 12mm modules and some Chinese one's if they match the size.

Interesting that you said that, I've got some plans for a custom LED switch because none on the market have support for the type of voltage we use or allow current for any more than a few hundred mA.

Hi EP,
great design and effort put into this build as al ways, keep up the great work we all like this kind of material. It shows a lot of interest in our hobby..

rich:)

Hi EP,
great design and effort put into this build as al ways, keep up the great work we all like this kind of material. It shows a lot of interest in our hobby..

rich:)

Thanks for the kind words Rich! Might be a few weeks before I can start pumping things out, my button stock is on hold and will take a couple weeks to ship. :tired:

Pman

Nice work.

I would like to see that host with both 26650 and 32650 cells to balance out the head size. Actually probably 2" head with the 26650 and 2.5" with the 32650 and the one shown with 1.25-1.5".

Encap

Nice work.

I would like to see that host with both 26650 and 32650 cells to balance out the head size. Actually probably 2" head with the 26650 and 2.5" with the 32650 and the one shown with 1.25-1.5".

I agree,nice work but would look and balance much better with larger tube for 26650 or 32650 battery compartment + increase runtime