Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Collecting money on brand new S1 lenses

As some of you already know and everybody else will learn, this group buy is for the S1 single element lens in a brass housing, M9X0.5. There will be one spreadsheet here and another one on thejoker301's website. These lenses turned out to be of greater quality than the G type lenses that we were originally buying. They are less expensive as well. The original price will be $3.00 plus $40.00 for shipping from the supplier for 100, 250+ lenses. This will look something like this $3.00/lens + $40.00 for shipping from the supplier to thejoker301 plus the PP fees that he will have to add to the price of shipping and the entire order and your PP fees when you pay at the end of the group buy. So, you can see that the more lenses that are purchased, the $40.00 shipping from the supplier will decrease among all lens purchasers. At the moment that comes to $3.20 per lens, but with the rate the group buy is filling up it could go down in the end to $3.10 each plus PayPal fees. There is one spreadsheet at the Google site: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Avkt00MOICWIdF9LMnFtQ1VmRFc4aENaUFo0TDFiNUE&usp=sharing and everyone should look to the spreadsheet to see that their lenses are the quantity that they want. The group buy will continue until the end of the month on June 30th at midnight. That is not carved in stone, however, it is important to be mindful of the members who are anxious to get their lenses. A power output graph has been added in the thread showing the output power of these lenses compared to the 3 element glass lenses, the O-Like and Techhood lenses, and a G9 lens. These lenses are comparable to the G2 and G9 lenses. There will be an additional spreadsheet at thejoker301's website and is linked to PayPal and everyone can pay there and be automatically updated to their payment completion. The cost of shipping the lenses to you will be calculated and added before the July 1st start of payment. I hope for the sake of those who are waiting to get their lenses that everyone will be as prompt with their payment as they can be. We are either over 200 lenses so far or very close to it. Anyone who wants to join the group buy or to change the number of lenses that they want will need to PM me or thejoker301. If you have any questions one of us should be around to answer them. Let's make this a greater group buy than the O-Like group buy which was a couple of months ago. :drool: Eitan and Paul

DON'T FORGET TO PM THEJOKER301 OR ME!!!!

THE TIME HAS COME TO PAY FOR THE LENSES. EITAN, THEJOKER301, WILL POST A THREAD SOON WITH THE DETAILS. LET'S TRY TO GET THIS DONE IN THE NEXT FEW DAYS. THERE WILL BE NO EXTRA PAYMENT FOR DHL EXTRA CHARES UNLESS IT HAPPENS :wave::wave::wave:.

9903-lens-comprasion-2014-06-25-10-48-40.png

Last edited:

Re: Group buy on g type lenses

Edit: Actually make that 2 lenses. It may change depending on how many more people join and how much the price goes down.

Last edited:

rhd

This is how the group buy will start and we'll see if there is enough interest in it to lower the price further. The initial price per lens will be $5.75.

That includes shipping?

rhd, just as was done in the O-Like group buy, there will be a shipping charge, but since it is in the USA this time I think the shipping will be under $2.00. My guess is it will probably be around $1.69 or maybe I can get a group rate for a mass mailing. You were here for the O-Like group buy. I guess I should have spelled that out at the first part for members who weren't here for that group buy, but I can't ship them all out at my expense. I'm not making a dime on this GB.

oahu99

If the shipping is 2 dollars I'd be in for 2 lenses!
Great price, I was a bit bummed to have missed the o-like gb, but I won't miss this one!

rhd

rhd, just as was done in the O-Like group buy, there will be a shipping charge, but since it is in the USA this time I think the shipping will be under $2.00. My guess is it will probably be around $1.69 or maybe I can get a group rate for a mass mailing. You were here for the O-Like group buy. I guess I should have spelled that out at the first part for members who weren't here for that group buy, but I can't ship them all out at my expense. I'm not making a dime on this GB.

Sorry, I missed the part about this being US only - didn't see that in the OP.

rhd, I didn't mean that the GB is only for USA members. I only meant that unlike the O-Like GB this one is in the USA and the shipping to members in this country would be less than for the members outside of the USA. Then shipping price should be about the same, no matter how many lenses you buy, because they are so light in weight. So, if one were to buy 10 lenses, there would be the one price of under $2.00 for shipping all of them. I will have to check on how much it will cost to send lenses out to members in other countries. Since you are in Canada, rhd, the price might be a little higher, but I know it isn't as high as shipping from Canada to the USA.

Last edited:

Rifter

I ordered three from the ebay link in the other thread you posted.

If when they arrive quality checks out compared to my authentic G2 lens ill be in for another 5.

I will be in for 2 or 3. I regret missing the o-like GB as well :)

Great! This is really starting to shape up. Hopefully, it won't be much longer before the thread for the group buy is approved.

after the o-like group buy i wish i had purchased more, you can put me in for 3 lens definitely! maybe more when it is closer to closing the GB

edit: BTW I would need them shipped cheap as possible to New Zealand, ThankZ

Last edited:

ru124t

I already bought three but you can put me down for five . One can never have too many lens! I realize that the shipping will be a little higher here in Canada! Thanks for getting this going!

Please put me down for 1. Thanks for trying to get this going.

Super! This group buy is now up and running. I will be busy getting everything set up for a way to deal with the volume of orders and will post where you can see your orders as they are posted. Lets see if we can top the last GB for the O-Like lenses, as those were more expensive than these are. Thanks, everyone. Paul

Just got the spread sheet up and running and as soon as I figure out how to make it accessible to members I will add that. Everyone who hasn't already PMed me with your order, will need to do that so I can keep track and add members to the spread sheet as more come on board.