Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

CNI Group Buy #2 (taken over by styropyro 10-26)

I'm ok with waiting but again, PLEASE try to have it done before the chineese new year, otherwise that will be an even bigger delay. (mind you it's January 31st)

Another thing to consider is during the holidays what's the chance customs would check our lasers as stringently as during the lull after the holidays?

Last edited:

gismo

Personally I don't have any objections against postponing this GB (spent more than enough $$$ on other laser builds in the meantime:whistle:) say to January 2014. Brendon7358 surely does have a point with the Chinese New Year occurrence, so fingers crossed enough people will hold onto it...:shhh:

I have no issues with waiting until after the holiday. Perhaps we will get some additional interest in the delay for a 10+ rate.

Happy holidays everyone...

cheers,
c

Arshus

Hey Guys,

Just got pointed to this GB by Phi and I am definitely interested in a 589nm. Let me know how I can participate as it will be my first GB.

Thanks,

-Sal

cmak

Definitely count me in for a 589nm, please! If a slot frees up or there's some other way I can still jump on the bandwagon, please let me know! Thanks.

Also, idk if this a good place for this question, but how realistic / expensive would it be to transplant the 589 module from these pgl3c's (or ask for mine without its host) for transplant into a Jet PL-E Pro? I'm a sucker for that damn host

Definitely count me in for a 589nm, please! If a slot frees up or there's some other way I can still jump on the bandwagon, please let me know! Thanks.

Also, idk if this a good place for this question, but how realistic / expensive would it be to transplant the 589 module from these pgl3c's (or ask for mine without its host) for transplant into a Jet PL-E Pro? I'm a sucker for that damn host

I actually heard jetlasers was working on a 589nm laser. I could be wrong though.

IsaacT

cmak, try messaging Gray from Jetlasers and asking him if they can do a 589 PL-E Pro. If he cannot, ask if they could install one for you if you get a CNI module shipped to them. If they cannot do that ask them if they can sell you the PL-E Pro host body without a module. I bet they will be glad to work with you in some way, and they have great customer service.

cmak

I actually heard jetlasers was working on a 589nm laser. I could be wrong though.
cmak, try messaging Gray from Jetlasers and asking him if they can do a 589 PL-E Pro. If he cannot, ask if they could install one for you if you get a CNI module shipped to them. If they cannot do that ask them if they can sell you the PL-E Pro host body without a module. I bet they will be glad to work with you in some way, and they have great customer service.
Much love for the advice guys :beer:

Last edited:
If I could get a 80mw 589 in a PL-E Pro host....

:drool:

If the risk of customs seizure wasn't so high I would almost be tempted to send them my PGL-III 589 and have them put the module in a PL-E Pro host.

cmak

Perhaps with enough interest, we may be on the verge of the first PL-E Pro 589 group buy. Eagerly awaiting a reply :drool:

Are we going to get this going again? Maybe we can start sending payments in and place the order once the CNY ends.

Just popping in here to check on things. No hurry, but curious as to status and timeline if this is an ongoing effort.

Happy New Year!

-c

Now with the holiday season over we may have a shot to get enough orders. The target is 10x of the 589nm units, and anything else is extra.

So who is still interested? If there is enough interest I'll start re-taking orders and get the ball rolling.