Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

CNI Group Buy #2 (taken over by styropyro 10-26)

IsaacT

It is 25 dollars or so cheaper if I remember right

Blackwolf

I bet they'd quote a PGL III C for quite a bit more than $25 too if they sold them

Atomicrox

Yeah, that doesn't even afford a half decent host for these :(

gismo

My position remains the same: 80mW 589nm. I'll be prepared to pay after the 25th of February if this GB finally comes to a happy end:thinking:. It'd be great for once to finish it with a glory, don't you guys think?

Come on now, people! Let get this thing going:wave:.

ultimatekaiser

I suppose that is true. But I think it's more worth it for the extra creativity/options. Especially since it comes with a driver. I'd love to put one of these in a custom host, with a air cooled copper heatsink or something. That'd be awesome! I bet Mrcrouse could come up with something.

Dr_Evil

Can send a PM out to all those in the OP to find out if they are still interested? It would be nice to have an updated list.

Atomicrox

So, is this dead for good?
Perhaps someone from outside the US should start a GB due to the recent FDA issues..

D

Deleted member 16589

Why are so many people so opposed to buying just the modules? That's the way to go really.... Can do anything you want to it look-wise, any battery, etc. i mean really. And OEM stuff doesn't generally have issues with import. I'm considering a yellow myself, but not likely as a PGL

You should get a quote on those OEM modules

Atomicrox

I'm sure you'll have a market if you buy modules and sell finished lasers for a reasonable price. I wouldn't trust my skills messing with a $700 module :p

ultimatekaiser

The PGL-H 80mW 589s are 1300.00 USD. I already recently asked. They've gone far more expensive. So unless you have deep pockets, it's not happening.

KapHn8d

I pretty much have considered this effort abandoned at this point. Should there be interest in the future for doing a GB, there should be a completely new thread and feeler. I'm not even tracking progress on this anymore and have allocated the funds going to the 589 I was planning to order elsewhere.

It was fun while it lasted :)

cheers,
c

Atomicrox

For crying out loud, CNI is completely out of their minds. Wonder if they are gonna sell any of those *at all* from now on. Since this is a small part of their business they might as well stop making handhelds...

kaiser, you seem to have a lot of experience fixing DPSS systems, wouldn't you consider perhaps making your own 589nm lasers?

ultimatekaiser

I already have made a a pulsed one on my desk before, but it was hardly optimal... I need something to put the optics inside of. Might commission a special host.... But I doubt it'd be cheap....

ultimatekaiser

All the mounts need copper heat sinking. The whole module would be preferrable. That makes for a pricy host :tinfoil:

Let's put it this way, I would be happy to build one if someone will give me the parts...not cheap to do though...and definitely no guarentee a on how fast production would be.