Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

CNI GLP-577: The World's First Yellow Laser Pointer

Dr. Laser, I am curious so I do apologize. What kind of price are we talking for these? I'm assuming around the $1,500 ballpark? Or am I way off? No need to be specific if you wish not, just trying to get a clue on how much of a loan I need :D

-Alex

Holy 577 nm ....Bat Man...Now...That's a beautiful color... congrats !!!!! Pure yellow photons...in a can !!!

CDBEAM

F----- awesome man, holy s--- WOW , I thought the 488 you sold me is sick, that pointer you have there is F----- AWSOME! Enjoy it buddy!

I'm gonna guess about $3000! Close yes!

Last edited:

CurtisOliver

LPF Site Supporter
Wow, Dr Laser. I'm impressed! What a special addition to your collection. Congratulations and enjoy those beautiful 577nm photons. :beer:

Dr. Laser, I am curious so I do apologize. What kind of price are we talking for these? I'm assuming around the $1,500 ballpark? Or am I way off? No need to be specific if you wish not, just trying to get a clue on how much of a loan I need :D

-Alex

Almost there ;) It was a special discounted price for me. I don't want to reveal it so people don't expect the same thing. The original price is the same you got for the lab unit.

Holy 577 nm ....Bat Man...Now...That's a beautiful color... congrats !!!!! Pure yellow photons...in a can !!!

CDBEAM

Thanks, can it get better than that :bowdown:

F----- awesome man, holy s--- WOW , I thought the 488 you sold me is sick, that pointer you have there is F----- AWSOME! Enjoy it buddy!

I'm gonna guess about $3000! Close yes!

It's beyond description. Looking forward to see your 488nm build.
The initial quote is almost $3k.

Wow, Dr Laser. I'm impressed! What a special addition to your collection. Congratulations and enjoy those beautiful 577nm photons. :beer:

Thanks my friend.

Lol nice catch. That $120 is tax + courier fees but you have a good idea of the price now.

CurtisOliver

LPF Site Supporter
Cool. <$2400! :p
Now how expensive are UAE courier fees? :thinking: :D

I know you said 580nm is the perfect yellow but your 577 is perfect! Absolutely beautiful color and I can't agree more with your statement on 589. I never realized how golden the 589s were until now! I'm super envious of your collection:D

Razako

That's legitimately amazing. Thanks for the awesome detailed post on this masterpiece of laser pointer manufacturing. The complexity involved in creating such a device must be mind boggling.

Rivem

Amazing Dr. Laser. You've got to have one of very very few hobby 577s since they are one of the least common experimental wavelengths. Wouldn't have expected that in such a small form factor either, so another plus on that.

This is the kind of yellow laser I'd really want and why I'm not too interested in 589 or 593. Maybe we'll have a diode in the future.

That is still way up there in cost. Even at $1500.00, that is a lot for a pointer. Can't help but wonder how much CNI initially wanted for it. Probably somewhere around $3000.00. I could never justify paying that much for any pointer. Hope it lasts for many, many years. I don't see you ever getting your investment out of it later on. It is a wonderful wavelength. :yh:

That is still way up there in cost. Even at $1500.00, that is a lot for a pointer. Can't help but wonder how much CNI initially wanted for it. Probably somewhere around $3000.00. I could never justify paying that much for any pointer. Hope it lasts for many, many years. I don't see you ever getting your investment out of it later on. It is a wonderful wavelength. :yh:
Green dpss lasers where very expensive at one time too. I've heard they cost as much as $2000 maybe more even. My first one cost $450. In time these may come down in price.

561 sure did. Now that its been done, doing it again and again will lead to that result. Give it a few years

Very impressive. Very beautiful wavelength. But still it is more profitable to buy an old gas (CVL or CuBr) laser or a DPSS for those thousands of dollars. At least you'll have 1 Watt of 577\578 nm. Sorry for criticising. By the way, my CVL is portable too -- the laser head has a handle on it for carrying. :yh::yh: